Saturday 24th February 2018

16 quite noteworthy everyday handbags

little lifner bag

I have discussed my surplus of handbags in the past—the situation has reached problem proportions, storage-wise—but still I keep looking for new ones to love. And right now, the number one object of my affections is this crossbody bag from a newish brand I like called Little Liffner. I love the way a chain handle looks, but they’re hell on your shoulder if you carry around a lot, so I like that this one also has a leather strap too. It’s also gorgeous in the brown.

annabel ingall bag

This saddle bag has more hardware that I usually like on a saddle bag, but it’s very lovely hardware.

skagen bag

I just like this one because it’s such a good blue, and blue bags are a fun alternative to black.

apc bucket bag

And I like this APC bucket bag because of its subtle and stylish mix of suede and leather.

isabel marant bag

Is it crazy to buy a bag just because you love its strap? Because I really, really love the strap on this Isabel Marant bag.

& other stories tote

A slouchy suede tote, also in a very good blue.

allsaints bag

I like the nude/pinkish tone on this Allsaints option.

annabel ingall messenger bag

This messenger bag looks a lot like another bag by the same designer (Annabel Ingall) that I’ve shown above, but this one is bigger and I think they’re both pretty great in subtly different ways.

& other stories hobo bag

A sturdy hobo bag for toting your life around in.

topshop bag

This tote is pretty simple, but I find it quite chic.

uo drawstring tote

And this drawstring tote is a seriously good buy.

urban outfitters tote

I like the contrasting strap on this reversible number (the inside is black).

Rag & Bone bag

I am not a huge fan of Rag & Bone, but whoever is designing bags over there is doing a bang-up job. I think this suede messenger is just to die (and here it is in a smaller version).

jerome dreyfuss igor bag

You could do worse than to invest in a Jerome Dreyfuss bag—this crossbody bag has zippers to make it expandable, which is handy, and they’re always so well-made.

apc green bag

This bag is on the smaller side, but I included it because I just love that green.

steven alan satchel

I typically am not crazy about a satchel shape—too prissy—but this is nicely streamlined.

How about checking out a recent post I did on totes

Posted on February 6th, 2018 21 Comments

1. Tammy says:

Oh my gosh, Kim! I want ALL these bags. 🙂

2. Dana D says:

And jeez…

what strange gene do I have that makes my breathing change when I look at gorgeous bags and shoes?

Seriously, the same thing happens when I look at expensive black boots.

God, I am such a girl. (and I know, some men and non-binary folk also have the gene…)

3. Sharon says:

How about a post on every day earrings? Including older girls with wrinkled ears.

Like several others, I desire all these bags. I’ve had the horrible terrible not good cold that is sweeping the nation and my brain can do little but order things online. My credit card is sighing…my delivery person will be cursing…

two words…Elderberry syrup

• Viajera says:

I hope you feel better soon!

• Francine says:

Oh that stinks. I can vouch for having this flu (3+ weeks) and doing little else but online shopping – mostly cosmetics and skincare since I looked like hell.

I purchased an All Saints bag a few months ago and I’m blown away by the quality. So minimal, so cool. Pebbled leather. Adore!

BTW, CW is my nickname too 🙂

• Mamavalveeta03 says:

I hope you feel better soon, CW!

5. joannawnyc says:

I am on the hunt for the perfect bag (I like to have ONE) so thanks for all the lovely suggestions!

6. Mary Alice says:

Great post! I love the blue and green bags especially….I have found that bags in those colors are surprisingly versatile and a little more interesting than black.

7. Mimi says:

I’ve long had a thing for frame bags, so the Steven Alan satchel made my pulse race. Why not consider this style classic or ladylike instead of prissy? The All Saints bag would be great for summer if I can get all my stuff in it. It satisfies all my ideal handbag requirements: shoulder strap plus handle, exterior pocket and magnetic closure. Excellent!

8. Jax says:

Been lusting after the Jerome Dreyfus bag for a while. Love that brand quite a bit.
    But high price deters. And I have a love/hate thing with deep bags on a petite frame like mine. The additional 2-3 inches really feel cumbersome.

9. Hick from Styx says:

I like the interchangeable handbag straps that some sites are selling now, so you can match or contrast your outfit in the click of clasp.

The APC saddlebag has my name all over it. I love it! Id marry it, in fact.

Btw, Kim, thanks for adding the Pinterest button. You’ve made my life (and inspiration) infinitely easier! 😊

12. mlinky says:

Have to agree about the Jerome Dreyfuss bags being well made. I have a wallet that has been in constant use for at least 5 years and is still unscathed.

13. Emma says:

Ms. France, I am pleased to inform you that we have the EXACT same taste in handbags. I have an Annabel Ingall currently, and my long-term ideal bag is the Jerome Dreyfuss, either the Igor or the Albert.

14. Elle says:

Love the alternatives to black, but lusting after Jerome Dreyfuss and Isabel Marant.