Saturday 20th January 2018

I love this hair thing

Aquis Hair Turban

Every few days, I wash my hair—I try to go as long as I can between shampoos but it tends to get wild—and the most boring part of my day is always the time I spend blow-drying. I have come to loathe it. So, in an attempt to minimize this time-suck, I took a chance on this little turban, which is made of what is purported to be ultra-thirsty fabric. The trick, I have learned, is to twist it super-tight—if you don’t do this, nothing special will happen—and to keep your hair up in it for several minutes—say the time it takes you to do your makeup. Your hair is still damp enough when you remove it to apply heat-styling product, but dry enough to significantly cut down the amount of time you spend styling. A minor miracle.

Posted on December 11th, 2017 10 Comments

1. Trish says:

Thank you! I recently started getting hair extensions and this will significantly help. Is there anything more boring than drying/styling hair? If I could get one gift for Christmas, it would be someone to come to my house and wash/style my hair twice weekly. 🙂

2. Summer says:

I had one of these which I used in the locker room after biking to work. It’s great — stays on, and my hair would dry enough while I was getting dressed etc that I didn’t blow dry and still looked ok at work. But two things. First, it’s cheaper at Amazon 🙂 Second, even if you wash it regularly, it eventually starts to smell mildewy, so periodic replacement is needed.

• Lorange says:

I’ve had this problem with my Turbie Twist microfiber towels. I’ve found that soaking them in white vinegar usually takes the funk out.

3. Kimberly says:

Also, don’t twist TOO tight, or you will get breakage, hence, frizz. Hair is at its most delicate when wet

4. Michele says:

Aquis has been making this type of microfiber turban for st least 20 years. I love them.

5. joannawnyc says:

I have the DevaCurl version of this, also fab.

6. GS says:

I too loathe blow drying, so I will share what changed my life (which I should have done in the hair thread but I missed the window to comment so am doing so here.) The Dyson hair dryer. Seriously, a miracle and worth every penny. My very thick medium length hair is almost completely dry in five minutes (used to take 15 with my cheapie Conair) and the dryer is pretty quiet too. Yes, it’s expensive but I don’t do keratin treatments (which I was considering in my desperation to get my hair under control and minimize blow drying) and it costs about as much as one treatment. If you can swing it I highly highly recommend. My hair seems a lot healthier too since I started using it.

7. Corrin says:

I’ve been using the Turbie Twist for years! Sometimes as seen on TV really does work. Two for $15 on Amazon.

8. Lorange says:

Chiming in with another endorsement of the Turbie Twist. I got a microfiber set at Bed Bath & Beyond in the “As Seen on TV” section. Love them!