Saturday 16th December 2017

Top 5 of the week: Boyfriend jeans

They’re getting harder to find these days—so irritating—but I did manage to locate the following: I like the nice weathered look and the crop here.

This is Nili Lotan’s Tel Aviv jean, and it is just so good—cut like a trouser and very menswearish.( If they’re sold out in your size, check here—they’re nicely marked down both places.)

I like the nice dark wash on these.

I’m not entirely certain how I feel about a high-waisted pair of boyfriend jeans, but I know that a lot of you like a them that way, and these are pretty cute.

I’m a big fan of Frame Denim, and their Le Garcon jean is nice and slouchy without being at all sloppy.

Posted on December 1st, 2017 15 Comments

1. Tammy says:

I want every single pair. Such a great selection. If I had to pull the trigger on one, it would have to be the black Nili Lotan.

2. Lauren says:

I own lots of fancy/expensive jeans and have found I keep passing them over lately for the Gap’s ‘best girlfriend’ jeans which I have in black and light denim. SO comfy; they actually kind of remind me of vintage levis, but with more give. Fairly high waisted but not insane.

3. Elizabeth says:

I highly endorse the Madewell High-Rise Slim Boyjean (the fourth link). They’re really not high-waisted at all and if you think they are, buy a size big so they hang low and really get the boyfriend jean look going.

• Adrien says:

I have those too! I love them (though they are quite high-waisted on me.)

• Rae says:

Yes – I have and love these Madewell jeans as well. On me (long legged and short torsoed) they hit right at / slightly below my natural waist. They are so comfortable and the perfect straight leg.

4. Amber says:

I am always surprised by your aversion to high waisted pants. As a wide hipped person, I find they usually fit better — lower rises dig into the fleshy bits in an unflattering way. I’d also rather draw a horizontal line (waist) at a narrower part. Anywho, this means that the madewell’s look awesome to me.

5. Ana María says:

everlane denim! loved their boyfriend jean (i guess high-waisted?).