Saturday 16th December 2017

Things I bought, things I want

NYC X Cami camisole

I bought this cami to wear under blazers, and love that it is nice and slouchy. I have to wear a bra with it, and it looks cute with the straps peeking out.

Everlane turtleneck sweater

This turtleneck sweater from Everlane is just such a good red, which isn’t easy to find.Nili Lotan Jenna pant

I absolutely can not buy these pants because I already have them, just not with that adorable grosgrain tape on the leg.

J Crew fair isle sweater

I love the subtle interplay of colors on this fair isle sweater, and that it is made of cozy alpaca.

Clare V weekender

My weekender died over the Thanksgiving holiday, so of course I’m all excited to look for a replacement. This is what I’ve wanted for ages— it’s super-lightweight leather and comes in a ton of good colors, though I’m partial to the navy.

Beklina clogs

I am nuts for these clogs even though there is something a little crazy about them.

Posted on November 27th, 2017 17 Comments

1. y.k. says:

lol! nothing says crazy like creamy orange? carapace clogs!

in love with that grosgrain detail. ( if i were you i would convince myself i could just sew the tape to my current pair & it would look very DIY. in a bad way.)

2. Trish says:

Love those clogs! And that sweater rocks – wish it weren’t excluded from the very excellent J. Crew sale…..

3. Dana D says:

I’ve been eyeing those clogs since they made their debut…

but of course, because I can’t break out of it, I will get them in the black.

4. Dianne says:

Life is too short- buy the pants with the ribbon!!

A cami with bra straps reminds me of why women used to use lingerie pins. I think vintage lingerie pin sets should become a fashion thing.

I have also been eyeing that Everlane sweater for the same reason. I just bought a pr of AG “velvet” jeans in the burgundy red because that color just seems so current.

The Jenna pant is so excellent with the ribbon stripe. Want. Want. Want.

Hope your Sag Harbor family time was lovely. Really missing the BEACH.

6. Caroline says:

All good, but those clogs!
    All though I would probably get in black because I’d wear more I do love the red.

7. joannawnyc says:

lol “Free of gauche staples”

8. Heather says:

Here’s a question: I like the look of clogs, but I find it literally, absolutely impossible to walk in them – or any shoe with an inflexible sole. Do others have this issue? Does one develop a new stride to address this?

• Kathy says:

I like my clogs a little snug–I often wear wooly socks or a pair of tennis socks under my cute (or plain!) socks to take up a little more space. If the clogs are snug, I don’t have to curl my toes up trying to grip them and keep them on my feet! They don’t fly off my when I swing my foot toward to take a step. Most of my clogs are the classic lower heel variety. (Probably because of these affectations) I find clogs easy to walk in. I walk heel-toe in them, no marching or clunking. For me, walking in clogs is pretty much the same as walking in platforms. I have been known to run short distances in them chasing a child or hurrying in the mall…! Look for clogs with a vamp that extends up fairly close to your ankle. That also helps them stay on your feet. Good luck! I love my wooden shoes–believe it or not, when my feet hurt, or my legs are tired, or my knees hurt, or my plantar fasciitis flares up, wearing my clogs with snug socks cures what ails me.

Can anyone advise me on how the Jenna pant fits? I wear one size in some jeans/pants and another size in other jeans/pants. Do Jenna’s run largish or smallish? Or, heaven forbid, true to size. Or is there a “true to size?” Inquiring minds….

10. marjorie says:

Heartily endorse the kooky clogs.

11. EW says:

I just got the everlane sweater in grey. May be going back. The skits on the sides come up a little too far especially if you aren’t wearing high rise pants.it may just be on me I’m tall and long waisted so YMMV.
    It’s very thick and excellent quality!

12. Maggie says:

Late to the covet party here — i want all of these — but a particular thanks for the cami link. I’ve been looking for loose camis that don’t give me a uniboob under sweaters and tees. Always love your suggestions, Kim.