Saturday 16th December 2017

Wednesday links

• A short take on the career of New York street photographer Berenice Abbott. (Dangerous Minds)
  • Wow. These conjoined twins share each other’s thoughts and vision. (Kottke)
  • Hilarious: Pamela Adlon on the first time she ever tried a tampon. (NY Times)
  • Some crazy old-Hollywood conspiracy theories. (Elle)
  • This tree produces 40 different kinds of fruit. How can this be real? (Atlas Obscura)

Posted on November 15th, 2017 11 Comments

1. Adrien says:

Pamela Adlon is the BEST.

Oh, Geeze, Pamela Adlon can make me laugh till my sides hurt. I soooooo needed the tampon piece. Thank you a million times over.

3. DeDe says:

Love Berenice Abbot! Thank you for this link!

Also, thank you x 10000000000 for all the many mentions of Pam Adlon and Better Things here – I finally started watching it over the weekend and am loving it, and her, immensely. I probably never would’ve heard about it at all if not for you (it seems like everyone I know is either much older or much younger than me and is totally not into this sort of thing). Also, her mother on the show (and maybe irl?) is like a less ragey etc., British version of my own mother, which is weird and hilarious.

The conjoined twins are amazing girls! Joyful and curious about life. What fantastic parents, too.

The Pamela Adlon piece was great! The end, where she talks about her mom and her own vag discussions with her girls was almost like she was at our house. I’m so out there about body stuff and yet, somehow, I raised 3 prudes! 😉

5. GT says:

Have always loved Berenice Abbott’s work. Thank you for sharing it with others who might become new fans!

6. Elle says:

Re: tree – grafting. It’s been done for ages in orchards but typically not with more than one or two other types. It’s not genetic so there wouldn’t be sapling trees of 40 different fruits. Frankenstein is accurate in that it’s pieces of different trees all stitched together.