Saturday 16th December 2017

Just a few faux fur jackets and coats for you

Topshop faux fur

How excellent is this blood orange one?

Theory faux mongolian lamb jacket

Faux mongolian lamb is new on me, but I think this looks great—I especially like the leather trim, which elevates it a bit.

Mango faux fur jacket

This  is such a good green, and the whole notion of a green faux fur jacket is just kind of badass.

Frame Denim faux fur coat

This rust-colored number would look great with a lot more colors than you might think.

Via Spiga plus-size leopard jacket

This is reversible, which is nifty.

Eliza J faux fur jacket

I went back and forth on this one—I couldn’t decide if it was completely adorable or a bit off. In the end I went with adorable.

Topshop faux fur jacket

This just looks insanely cozy.

Zadig and Voltaire faux fur jacket

So rock star.

Posted on November 15th, 2017 17 Comments

1. Caroline says:

Honestly, I kind of love them all.
    But the green is calling me.
    Just the thing for a spontaneous louche adventure..
    Not that I get up to those much these days.. but still.
    That coat would be perfect😂

The last one. The Lamy coat. Maybe it’s my secret sadness that I was never a rock star or maybe it’s because I am foolish enough to believe I wouldn’t spill coffee or tomato sauce on it the first time I wore it out of my closet (notice I didn’t say “out the door” because I don’t think I’d make it that far), but my hankering for that coat is boundless.

3. Nicole says:

I am still lamenting that once upon a time, I bought a gorgeous wide collar cropped, faux fur jacket in Benetton (dark brown, and just a hint of plum)….and just a few years ago I donated it, thinking “this will never be in again.”

• Caroline says:

Been there.
      I had a vintage black (ok it was bunny) jacket.
      Very similar cut to the green. It was perfection..ugh.
      But I thought I was done..
      Don’t even get me started on the beautful shearling coat I had that I wore to death (it was custom) because I was done..
      I’m an idiot.
      And clearly not a vegetarian😩😂

• Dana D says:

OK…so I’ve been loving these faux fur coats this year also. And have been stalking some on Vestiaire and my other favorite recycled sites…

But I really think that these are trend items. That’s why we parted with them the first time around? (Plus I’m working on not doing regret.)

If I had Leandra Medine’s color-blocked real shearling jacket, I’d love it for life (also not a vegetarian and justify shearling because I eat the animal…) Conversely, if I paid over a 1000.00 for a Nili Lotan faux, I’d keep it forever…

I don’t know, just thinking…

• DeDe says:

But that’s the thing with these kinds of trends – they always cycle back. So if you got something that was good quality in a classic shape and color, you could always put it away when you got sick of it and then pull it back out again when it felt fresh to you. I dunno, that’s my strategy, anyway (or justification, maybe!).

• Nicole says:

See, I agree. The trends cycle, but if the shape was good the first time, wearing it again works. Otherwise it misses the mark (for me, anyway). I recently bought overalls again….and I definitely wore them more than once in the past. But I really don’t care. I love them so much!

4. Jo says:

Love that rust color. Although not a faux fur, I have an Eileen Fisher alpaca sweater/coat in the same color and I can confirm that a rust topper goes with basically all of the things!

5. Robin says:

Question for Kim: How do you shop large online retailers like Nordstrom or Shopbop. Filtering by brand? By category? Sites like those have so much to comb through. And they must organize in a certain way based on what they want customers to see first. What is your strategy?

• KimFrance says:

I usually go on one of those sites with a pretty good idea of what I’m looking for, so that simplifies matters a lot. But I agree: it can be overwhelming!

I love the green furry jacket, but I can pretty much guarantee that with my size, I’d look like a Packer fan bundled up for Lambeau Field!

• DeDe says:

You’d just need a velvet cheesehead to complete the elevated Lambeau Look!

• DeDe says:

Though I bet you’d look just fab in that jacket! (I meant that to be a dig on Packers fans, not on lovely you! Good lord #openmouthinsertfoot)

7. gpc says:

I just bought one at Target – Mossimo. It is actually more of a lavender color than grey and is way more flattering on than the photo on the webite suggests. And, only $30!

So I was the only one who thought, “Elmo?”

(But, in a good way.)

I have orange envy anyhow. (Technically, it doesn’t “go” with me, but I like it.)