Saturday 16th December 2017

More cool stuff for the kitchen

This is pretty much a guest post, in that all of the items you see before you were chosen by my dear friend and neighbor Michelle, when she was hanging out with me the other morning while the cleaning lady worked on her apartment downstairs. And she did such a good job selecting pieces—everything here feels like the most stylish possible version of what it is—that I would outsource all of my home/design posts to her were she not otherwise engaged as an attorney. I like how this bread board is designed to catch the crumbs. And the ridges create such a cool pattern.

This is a bread bin, and the lid can double as a bread board in a pinch.

How chic is this gravy boat? And just in time for Thanksgiving, people.

I also quite like the looks of this black and silver kettle.

This is maybe the most stylish trivet ever.

A splurgy-but-so-fantastic Fornasetti tray.

Were I the type of person who had things like cheese domes in her life, I’d choose this cheese dome.

A set of mixing bowls is a good thing to have on hand even if you almost never cook—they just come in so damn handy—and I think the muted blue of these is quite pretty.

I like how the red contrasts with the wood on this dustpan and brush set.

Posted on November 10th, 2017 6 Comments

1. y.k. says:

a good friend of mine is a cheesemonger & she has that very same cheese dome in her kitchen. i immediately felt hungry for stilton as soon as i saw it here.

i love that description – muted blue.

I’m currently reading Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan so that Fornasetti tray pretty much speaks to me.

(probably would pretty much speak to me anyway, but even more so reading Egan’s book)

• KimFrance says:

Are you liking Manhattan Beach, C.W.? I’ve got it and not started reading it yet but Visit from the Goon Squad was one of my fave books ever.

• c.w. says:

I’m finding it excellent and wish I had more free time to read––well written, compelling characters and about subject matters I know little about which is always pleasing. It’s very different from Goon Squad (which I also loved).

3. Kristie says:

I have that enameled dish set in just that shade; we recently moved onto a sailboat and bought a full set of Falcon enamelware to avoid the scourge of crappy plastic dishes one tends to find on boats. Lovely, sturdy; feels great in your hands; we adore it! I am absurdly fond of the matching dish towels. The potholders went to bits the first time I washed them; the fine folks at Falcon refunded them, but I wouldn’t try that item. All the rest seems like it will last the rest of our lives! Great stuff.

• c.w. says:

How cool to live on a sailboat! That’s something I’ve always fantasized about doing, but I don’t even know how to sail. I just love the water/ocean.