Tuesday 21st November 2017

Lots of really colorful sweaters

Veronica Beard sweater

In my ongoing attempt to bring hues other than black and white into my life—and to gear up for another of New York’s grim winters—I am looking for sweaters that feel bright and happy. This one has a pleasingly deep V, and I really like the red.

Frame Denim sweater

The deep cuffs here are a cool touch.

Tibi yellow sweater

Yellow is underrated; I like how sleek this is.

BB Dakota sweater

And another yellow sweater, this one pleasingly fuzzy.

This teal number is just gorgeous.

& Other Stories sweater

This is the prettiest purply blue.

Mango sweater

The stripe here is very sportif.

Anya Hindmarch sweater

This is mighty pricey, but so, so gorgeous.,

Sonia Rykiel sweater

Red, white, and blue stripes always make me happy.

Mango sweater

A big, huggy red option at a nice price.

& Other Stories sweater

And why not pink, for a little new wave vibe?

Alexander Wang sweater

I am so tempted by this—the blue and black looks so great, and it’d be so cozy on days it’s dismal out.

Grey Jason Wu sweater

A kind of odd but still really appealing combination of stripes.

A cardi that would be so easy to throw on and run out the door in.

Zadig & Voltaire sweater

And more stripes, in a more classic colorway.

Equipment sweater

I might have to go for this red V-neck, as I have been looking for a good red V-neck forever.

Chinti & Parker sweater

This heart print is sweet, but also interesting enough not to come off as twee.

& Other Stories sweater

A well-priced mohair choice.

Theory sweaterWho doesn’t need a good fuchsia cashmere sweater?

Posted on November 6th, 2017 11 Comments

What a great selection! And, truthfully, if it were going to be cooler than 85 degrees here today I’d be ordering the fuchsia and that awesome red one immediately. Oy and Egad.

2. Trish says:

Thanks so much for this post! I always start fall with beige and grey and black sweaters and find myself wanting color in January (when all the good colorful sweaters are gone!). The fuchsia, mohair and pink options are going to find a home in my sweater closet. P.S. How did you know I’ve been stalking that Anya HIndmarch sweater? I can justify a lot of money for a sweater, but that price is crazy. But, I’m a knitter and I think I’m going to try to replicate this design. Wish me luck.

3. Dana D says:

Love these…thanks for brightening the Monday!

And the yellow one!…I’d buy it in the pink also (and I don’t wear pink).

Great post!!! Just the thing to cheer a person up when they aren’t sure what time it should be! (Oh well…)

5. joannawnyc says:

I love colorful sweaters but never know what to wear them with! Jeans seem like such a boring fallback and then you have to think about accessories. Black and brights is too 80s (for me, anyway). Gray? Camel? Help a girl out!

• suz says:

Grey works really well, especially with a pop of yellow or pink. Just look at a color wheel to get complimentary colors, go a bit duller for pants. Plaids/tweeds with a bit of the color mixed in there are perfect too.

6. Debra says:

Sportif! Yea!!!

7. Emma says:

Question: where would you shop for men’s clothes? I’m thinking about holiday gifts this year and I feel like I have sufficient inspiration for some gifts for sisters/mothers/lady friends, but don’t have any idea what the fashionable and affordable stores are for mens’ clothes.

8. suz says:

I know this is massively missing their point, but I wish Universal standard made things in smaller sizes. They are so so good with design for actual women. I love that teal sweater.

Love the first one, but red is not really my color. It’s very sexy french girl/ Olive Oyl.

I really love the chunky knits, especially the melony colored one by Frame and the beautiful red from Mango (which unfortunately only goes to a size M).