Tuesday 21st November 2017

Tuesday links

• These embroidered vintage photos of noted figures by artist Victoria Villasana are really something. (Colossal)
  • And I like these noir-ish photos of L.A. (Flavorwire)
  • Here’s the trailer for Paul Thomas Anderson’s new movie, The Phantom Thread. It sure looks like a departure. (Kottke)
  • Bad on Kevin Spacey, who I’ve instinctively never liked. (Slate)
  • The best TV shows of the year so far. (Vulture)
Posted on October 31st, 2017 9 Comments

1. y.k. says:

as usual, i love the embroidery art. so much so, that i will try it myself… i have a diverse bunch of foreign bills around.

i know this sounds stupid naive, but it’s hard for me to understand how Spacey could use his coming out as “cover” for his bad acts.

When my beau and I tried to watch House of Cards I had to leave the room. Ned asked me why and I said, “there’s something about Keven Spacey that creeps me out.” He said, “the person or the character?” I said, “the person.” Now I know why.

Outstanding L.A. photos!

The embroidery!!

3. SC says:

That is the most rando TV list ever. Some good (Better Things), some utter shit.

4. DeDe says:

So happy to see BoJack Horseman make that best of TV list! I feel like it just doesn’t get the love it deserves. The political themes this season are HILARIOUS.

5. kj says:

I recommend “The Good Place” to anyone who will listen. It’s hilariously clever, and the casting is spot-on.

6. Francine says:

Odd, but Spacey always weirded me out, too.

Btw, some great – HILARIOUS =shows : I’m Sorry (TruTV), Rosehaven (Sundance)and Playing House (USA).

7. Mary Alice says:

Mindhunters is addictive TV at it’s best.

8. Francine says:

BTW, most of those shows (aside from Outlander, which I love), on that list…ick. Especially, that show, Younger, is beyond dreadful. The premise is embarrassing.

9. Gables girl says:

What is it about Kevin Spacey and his creep factor? I’ve had since “The Usual Suspects.”