Saturday 16th December 2017

Top 5 of the week: corduroy jackets

I love corduroy, but find jeans in that material impossible to wear—so deeply unflattering—so instead I go for jackets. This is so excellently classic, with really good leather buttons.

Here’s a nice boyfriend-cut version.

A corduroy bomber is really chic in a French chick kind of a way.

I found a Marc Jacobs jacket I thought was adorable, but it was too pricey for what it was. This one from Levi’s is a dead ringer for it, and well-priced.

This plummy hue is just the best. I want this jacket a lot.

Posted on October 13th, 2017 11 Comments

1. Stakra says:

Yes corduroy is something I see others execute well but I seem to always gravitate away from. That being said I just came across this skirt after reading your post, which I do think it is its own piece of awesomness and damn good way to use corduroy… http://www.ofakind.com/shop/product/4050-leslie-corduroy-skirt-in-stone

2. joannawnyc says:

I love corduroy trousers and skirts, hate jackets. Hmmmm. Not that this isn’t a great selection! I like the plum one best.

3. DeDe says:

That plummy one is SO excellent. Great color, great cut, just the right sized wale. Need.

4. Mary Alice says:

Something about wearing corduroy makes me feel as though I were wearing a straitjacket…

5. Caroline says:

I do like the plummy one a lot!
    I’m pretty sure I just can’t feel cool in that orangey brown color corduroy..
    Just feels more billy Joel than say ..blondie.
    No offense intended if billy Joel is your style icon ladies!

6. Michelle says:

So it’s not just me! I have tried cordoroy jeans and pants a few times and thought they looked awful on me. Somehow the fabric never seems to fall very well. I do have a cord jacket, though, which I’m wearing it right now! Love the plummy jacket!

7. marjorie says:

the SHH SHH SHHH of my thunder thighs rubbing together in corduroy pants as i walk distracts me mightily.

I love leather buttons on a corduroy jacket. I’d go big time for the Veronica Beard one only with something unexpected underneath…velvet cami?…skinny dark wash jeans and killer short boots and you’re done.

I love the APC bomber, but corduroy blazers always say “college professor without tenure” to me.

• I.M. says:

I love the corduroy bomber too! But the price is out of my range. Has anyone seen something similiar at a lesser price tag?