Wednesday 18th October 2017

Friday links

• These portraits of birds are really quite something. (Colossal)
  • This is pretty great: Things More Heavily Regulated Than Buying a Gun in The United States. (McSweeney’s)
  • And this made me cry: the Tonight Show‘s female writers read thank-you notes to Hillary. Also impressed by how many female writers the Tonight Show has. (Vulture)
  • Here are this year’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees. (Flavorwire)
  • San Juan’s mayor is the awesomeness.(Elle)

Posted on October 6th, 2017 12 Comments

1. DeDe says:

BLACK GIRL WHITE GIRL RIP THE SYSTEM! (Not really a KMFDM fan but it had to be done)

2. joannawnyc says:

That first dove with the purple cummerbund and tweedy lavender breast though

3. Elle says:

The Mayor of San Juan – that is what true leadership looks like. For background on the debt crises on the island – this is an amazing primer. Warning – will leave you disgusted. Be sure to but watch to end for special guest appearance!

4. Mary Alice says:

OK, just watched the Tonight Show clip.Pardon me while I get a Kleenex.

5. Francine says:

Wow, thanks for including the Fallon clip. It must be an amazing feel for HRC to realize the lives she’s touched – and those she’ll continue to affect.

Hard to believe how quickly things have spiraled out of control in just 9 months.

6. Dana D says:

Just another really sad week in country trump…

propaganda machine working overtime.

And the white d—heads in charge are working harder, yet again, to exercise more control over our vaginas…

another thing more heavily regulated than buying a gun.

7. S. says:

Thanks for the Fallon clip. I’ve got mascara running all over my face right now, but in a bittersweet kind of way. HRC… woulda made a great president. Not just a not-Trump president, but a great one no matter what the options were. I don’t think I’ve ever admired and respected anyone more.

More kleenex please.