Wednesday 18th October 2017

Thursday links

• These portraits and other pieces by artist Ruth Shively are so lovely. (The Jealous Curator)
  • In honor of it being 10 years since the show first aired, here are the 10 most implausible things ever to happen on Gossip Girl. (Vulture)
  • I love Pamela Adlon and her show Better Things, and enjoyed this rundown of how she manages her busy life. (The Cut)
  • I love this: people who located their dopplegangers hanging on the walls of museums. (My Modern Met)
  • These vintage photos of the inhabitants of a German dive bar are, as advertised, on the gritty  side. (Dangerous Minds)

Posted on September 21st, 2017 7 Comments

Well those dive bar photos are enough to put anyone off the sauce!

Pamela Adlon and Better Things––so, so good. Love her. Love the show. And the girls she cast playing her daughters are amazing.

The doppleganger thing is kinda crazy. In a good way.

2. Debra says:

Love the dopplegangers. Now on mission to find mine.

3. DeDe says:

“For me, self-preservation is about shutting down completely. It doesn’t mean you have to go to sleep — it’s about taking your pants off, laying down in a quiet place and not talking at all. I think taking your pants off is a huge thing — everybody should take their pants off.”

This is honestly the smartest thing I’ve read all week.

4. suz says:

Love the doppleganger article! Have yet to find mine, but an old friend from college is (and was then) a dead ringer for Degas. I gave him a print of a Degas self portrait years ago that people assume is him.

5. Adrien says:

Better Things is truly the best thing on TV right now.

6. y.k. says:

i love Ruth Shively’s art.