Tuesday 17th October 2017

Taking requests: knee-high boots

My friend Margaret requested a post on knee-high boots that would be good for walking her new puppy, so I decided to just do a post on all the knee-high boots I like, regardless of height (and there are only a couple that are on the perilous side). This wasn’t the simplest task: the thing at the moment is over-the-knee boots, and stores are crammed with them. But I did manage to find a decent number I liked a lot, including this attractive lug-sole option.

The oxblood hue is just so good.

Here’s one you could walk a dog for miles in.

This looks more expensive than it is, and I love the chunky heel.

I’d wear this with my flowy Ulla Johnson dresses.

This is a good choice for when you’re in the mood to dress things up a bit, and the price is decent.

Grey suede is so damn chic.

This is ever-so-slightly western-looking in a way that appeals.

This has a sheepskin lining, which just sounds so perfect for frigid days when you have to wear a dress.

This is nicely sophisticated.

The pointy toe and clunky heel are an unexpected—but winning—combination.

Posted on September 11th, 2017 18 Comments

oooooo….I want those western looking taupe boots. White jeans, taupe boots. Yum. (although I will say that spending winters in Austin I wear knee high boots about twice a season––oy and egad)

2. Emily M. says:

I love all of these! Especially the Uggs that don’t look like Uggs.

3. Dana D says:

Of course I love the first ones…the most expensive, but made in Italy so worth it.

Fortunately, I will get excited when I unpack my boot collection next month or so…and it will feel like seasons changing all over again…

4. Heather says:

Thanks for this great selection in a range of price points. I’m looking for some tall boots for narrow calves that I can wear all day without wanting to rip them off my feet, and that cost under $300. You are so right about the OTK boots, which I feel should only be worn at Halloween with a ‘naughty pirate’ costume.

5. Niki says:

The first pair with the lug sole are to die for!

6. Francine says:

I guess I’m in the minority but I LOVE OTK boots. My knees aren’t so pretty, have athletic calves and OTK just streamlines my whole look. Knee high boots just cut at the worst part for me (knee overhang!)

The key is having a top tie, rather than a flap (that can look piratey). Stuart Weitzman is the gold standard, but Sam Edelman does a lovely dupe.

• I love all kinds of boots but I am really into over-the-knee boots lately. I picked up three pairs of Stuart Weitzman Lowlands last year’s, all on sale, and they make me feel extra special whenever I wear them. Agree on no flaps and tie tops to keep them sleek.

7. Sheila says:

LOVE this! thank you.

Another request:
    Upcoming religious holidays. Need a conservative dress, impossibly chic and non-frumpy.

8. Hick from Styx says:

Not a minute too soon, with the possibility of snow on the way later this week. One day, temperatures in the 90s, Fahrenheit speak. The next, snow. And since we live in boots for months, these are dressy enough for concert and theatre season.

9. Jaimie E says:

Love those Lost Sole boots!!! If they had them in my size I would try to find the cash because they look like they’d last forever