Wednesday 22nd November 2017

Everlane does denim!

You guys might guess how I am on the topic of jeans: picky, picky, and precious few brands clear the bar. But I am a fan of Everlane’s new line, which debuts today—they sent me a pair to test run, and I found them to be cute, flattering, super-comfortable and excellently true to size.

Posted on September 7th, 2017 30 Comments

1. Tammy Madsen says:

Hey, Kim! Which did Everlane send? High-rise skinny, boyfriend or mid-rise? Is there a brand that you’d compare them most closely to?

What cut did you try?

I’m leaning toward the slouchy boyfriend.

3. Eleanor says:

Everlane does not cater to the long-legged, so feh.

4. Lori says:

Tried to leave a detailed comment, but somehow it’s not sticking! Wanted to say that these jeans are fantastic for the price (I tried several pairs on last month during an EL fit clinic), and are already selling out fast … (-:

5. Lori says:

OK, re-pasting: Hi, Kim and GOACA readers! I participated in the EL denim-fit clinic last month (SF locals tried styles on, then generated user reviews prior to the product launch), and I can attest to the excellence of these jeans. I’m 5’11” with an hourglass figure and long torso, and found the modern boyfriend fit to be terrifically flattering in the legs, and the high-rise skinny to fit surprisingly well in the waist. I hopped on the site right at 5 a.m. to order three pairs (HRS dark, MBF black, and MBF bone), and see now (just after 6) that most styles are already sold out in many sizes. Definitely hurry if you want these jeans! 🙂

• Sara says:

Lori, are you being paid by Everlane?

• Lori says:

Lol — no, but I am a long-time fan! When EL began, I worked around the corner from their headquarters in Potrero for a couple of years, and our founder was a total Everlane addict, as was my direct supervisor — so we all jumped on the EL bandwagon. My appreciation for their clothes has only grown as I’ve found how well they last through wear and travel! (I literally live in their men’s cashmere crewnecks all fall and winter; they’re similar in style and quality to Nili Lotan’s, at a fraction of the price.) Full disclosure: I did receive a $25 credit for participating in the denim clinic. 😃

6. lornagnyc says:

I just order high rise skinny – but think i may have ordered a little young…. but Im wearing a pair of Everlane pants right now. But yes. What did you get?

• Lori says:

A dark-wash high-rise skinny, and the modern boyfriend in black and bone. At 46, I’ve been moving away from skinnies, too, but the ones I tried on at the Everlane office fit so unusually well in the waist that I felt duty-bound to order a pair. (-:

I ending up ordering 4 pr. 2 boyfriend (2 different sizes) and 2 mid rise (2 different sizes).

• Mamavalveeta03 says:

How did you get them before they sold out? I read that they have a 40,000 person waiting list!

• c.w. says:

I wake up early. Seriously. I think I put them in my “cart” at about 7 a.m. then hit the buy button by eight. Of course now I’m wishing I’d purchased them in ALL the washes. Oy and Egad.

8. MeezStephanie says:

Already sold out of modern boyfriend in my size 🙁

9. suz says:

Do they have polyester in them?

10. Kate says:

They are very good at getting the word out…I am so tired of hearing about them on every single blog I read, especially considering the ones I wanted disappeared almost instantly. Not your fault though, I am always interested in your opinion.

11. Gables girl says:

Excited to check these out as my current jeans are looking sad. Will keep you posted…I’m in Miami in the path of Irma so I may hold off ordering for a while!

12. Jane says:

I love the Herman Miller posters. I live in Holland, MI where Herman Miller is based and there’s an outlet store but they won’t sell any of their posters anymore. I have the pink tulips and the corn on the cob. I’ll keep my eye out for you if you’re still looking to add to your collection!

13. Debra says:

Aggravating that Everlane doesn’t do talls.

14. moi says:

About 10 or 12 years ago, Gap put out a fantastic pair of dark wash “skinny” jeans called 1969 Original, or something along those lines. The leg was a little wider than what we would come to call skinny—more of a slim straight by today’s standards. I’ve worn the heck out of them, they’re still in great shape, although the low rise is now a problem for me. I got excited when I saw the Everlane mid-rise skinnies in dark denim, because they look very similar to the 1969s, only with a higher rise. Unfortunately, out of stock until end of next week.

• Viajera says:

I used to really like what they called their Modern Boot pants. I think they are gone now though, which is a bother. As many have said, the quality was sort of off and on there, and I guess a lot of people stopped going.

15. Rebecca says:

How do the jeans fit? International shipping is a pain, so I need to get the size right. I find that many skinny jeans stretch, so I tend to size down. Jeans are hard!

• Janae says:

I just got a pair of the mid-rise, dark wash and they fit perfectly. I used the size guide on the website and it was very accurate. I have not been happier with a pair of jeans in a very long time.