Wednesday 22nd November 2017

Two beauty discoveries

I wasn’t looking for a new mascara when my sister in law Shanna insisted that I try¬†Diorshow Pump n’ Volume, but I ordered it anyway, because I am, as most of you know, on an endless quest for the perfect product in this category. And reader, it is just so good: incredibly lengthening (so much so that a friend recently asked if I had eyelash extensions) and volumizing too. And it seems somehow blacker than most, which I view as a plus.

I ordered this¬†blush after reading about it here, but didn’t use it right away cause I’ve got another I like at home. But when I packed for August in Sag Harbor, I brought it along, and now I can’t live without it: the color looks intense here, but it goes on very sheer, and gives you the loveliest, cleanest wash of color. Best of all, it goes for $8.40.

Posted on September 6th, 2017 6 Comments

1. Mary Alice says:

My daughter is in Japan right now, and I sent her a link so she can bring me home some of those drugstore treasures!

2. KHD says:

The Japanese mascara recommended here and on the blush site is awesome so I now must try the blush, thanks!

With my skimpy lashes, I’m forever on the hunt for something that makes them look like MORE!

4. S. says:

The mascara — no smudging? I’m somehow very smudge-prone and have recently gotten into the Bobbi Brown Everything mascara, which I like quite a lot. But I have no loyalty at all and will immediately switch to the Dior if it’s better overall and as good as or better than the Bobbi on the smudge front?

• suz says:

I need to know this as well. I am smudge queen lately, I think it’s an old lady thing.

Super black is always good too

5. Tracy says:

I’m older and mascara smudges for me so I get the DiorShow in waterproof. It’s the best mascara I’ve ever used. I get the brown which is good for my coloring, but again this mascara is the bomb.