Wednesday 21st February 2018

Top 5 of the week: Earrings

I’ve got four pierces in my left ear and two on my right, and I wear the same earrings every day—eensy gold hoops that I never take out. This, alas, is beginning to bore me, so I’ve been thinking about subbing out the bottom hoops with something a bit prettier or more interesting. This extra-splurgetastic Ted Meuhling pair is so gorgeous, and—for now—just a dream.

I don’t think there are many things sexier than an oversized pair of hoops.

These star studs are from the collection I designed for Iconery, and I must say they turned out pretty cute.

This Ten Thousand Things pair is so pretty and sculptural.

And finally: these are small, but definitely statement-making.

Posted on August 30th, 2017 15 Comments

1. Jessie says:

A great selection…but what I’d really love to know is where your eensy gold hoops are from?? Thanks!

2. Colleen says:

Ooooooooooooh. The Ted Meuhling hoops are stunning, and if you wear them every day, I don’t think they’re too expensive.

3. Dana D says:

I love everything here…and I am a hoop woman so of course the first ones are amazing.

I have had extraordinary luck in the department of no lost earrings but I recently lost one of the very thin gold smallish hoops that I have had since I was a teenager (gasp!). Now I just wear the remaining one in my second hole on the left ear but…

maybe I need a new pair of fancier hoop earrings.

Just recently I put in a pair of small gold hoops after wearing nothing but small diamond studs (that my muther bought me after feeling extremely guilty for giving me a pair of panty hose for xmas one year––long story) for years. But the hoops are not satisfying me like I thought they would so just recently have been gazing at other choices.

I would wear your star studs or the Jovana Djuric Horus mini seed ones every day most happily. Hummm….

5. joannawnyc says:

I have a wraparound earring in one ear and a little gold hoop and a square gold stud in the other. I am always thinking I’m going to switch them out …

Love the “mini seed” hoops!

6. Laurel says:

I love those black pearl hoops! I’m an earring hound. I ran across these simple earrings today and they struck me as sexy and maybe up Kim’s alley? https://www.etsy.com/listing/225235098/black-crystal-hoop-earrings-gold-black?ref=shop_home_active_20

7. Lori Mac says:

Just last night, I was ogling the elegant hoop earrings in the Sundance catalog: Here, I separated the hoops for you!!

I myself are partial to the ones with some color (the Galaxy of Sapphires and the turquoise ones) because they would be slightly more noticeable, but that’s just me!

8. Trish says:

Of course I’d like the first ones best, but alas, more than I spend on earrings.

9. y.k. says:

perhaps a bumpkin question -is there a significance to having more pierces in one ear than the other?

Ted Muehling and Ten Thousand Things -forever my favorites.

I’ve coveted those gorgeous Ted Muehling hoops ever since I saw Bobbi Brown wear hers on a regular basis. And I DO mean covet!!!

But I could be perfectly happy with the sexy thin hoops by Jules Smith.

11. Elle says:

Check out Catbird!! Female owned and operated in Brooklyn – FANTASTIC jewelry https://www.catbirdnyc.com/

12. Robin says:

Everyday luxury NYC, on Facebook and https://everydayluxurynyc.com. I bought the most beautiful mother-of-the-groom earrings (twice), earrings for one rehearsal dinner. and another pair with royalties from my textbook. Jan is an absolute delight to work with, and everything she does is gorgeous.