Wednesday 22nd November 2017

Tuesday links

• These single-room cabins in the woods are all really dreamy. (Flavorwire)
  • This Spanish furniture designer built a work studio underneath a highway overpass and it is wicked cool. (Colossal)
  • Wise words on love from Barbara Boxer. (Elle)
  • The 33 greatest car movies. (Vulture)
  • Funny. (The Cut)
Posted on August 22nd, 2017 10 Comments

1. Debra says:

“. . .the great J.Crew-gingham-shirt pandemic of 2014” — Hahahahhahha! I’m the type of person who buys the “it” book 2 years after all the brou-ha-ha. I find an “it” song 3 years after it hits. New movies — I take my own sweet time, usually watching them at home several years after the premiere. The “it” fashion pieces always pass me by. Would say this is me getting older but I’ve always been slow on the uptake.

2. DeDe says:

That thing from The Cut makes me wish Haiku Jew was still around, because that dress would be great haiku material (no pun intended).

Working in a women’s clothing store, I must’ve seen that dress walk in the door a thousand times!!! The article from The Cut tickled me. 🙂

I’m in love with those one room cabins! Especially the ones in the snow (but you knew that).

Now if you could just put one of those one-room cabins on a beach somewhere…

I hope I never see another bare shoulder in a dress again… (I’ll probably take that back tomorrow, but today…)

The work studio under the overpass…wow…sent me down a rabbit hole of unused or underused spaces…

5. Mae says:

Love, love, love those cabins. Dreamy is exactly the right word.

6. Gables girl says:

My mid-age friends and I agree. Off the shoulder not a good look for our middle age saggy boobs!

7. Rachel says:

My husband and I are gear heads in a VERY big way (as in I will divorce his ass if he sells the ’67 Mustang Fastback he’s had since a kid and we had our first date in) and a few years ago we decided to make our way through a bunch of old car theme movies. LOVED Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry so much but the ending pissed me off so bad I haven’t seen it since. I won’t give it away but it ends somewhat similar to Vanishing Point. 🙁
    Great list!

8. y.k. says:

i know this sounds unbearably corny but seeing that space under the overpass – how that guy saw it & made it his own so brilliantly – really makes me happy. it’s so hard to open my phone lately, i know the news will suck – even with the beautiful eclipse yesterday as a reprieve.
    anyway I’m rambling but that link was uplifting.

9. Adrien says:

I love the cabins! An introvert’s delight.