Wednesday 22nd November 2017

It’s the little things

This red and fuchsia Birkenstock, part of a collab with NY super-boutique Kirna Zabete, is pricey for a Birkenstock, but so, so good.

Posted on August 16th, 2017 6 Comments

1. Ita Darling says:

Idk if I think those are overpriced. Cost per wear would be Low. Also some of my biggest regrets of not purchasing was the Philip Lim and the Yohji Yamamoto Birkenstock collabs, they were both super cute and I’m not even a huge Birkenstock collector, (long term since early 90s, but I only own 2 pairs that are sometimes worn).. I would wear these.

2. Dana D says:

I would buy those as art, to frame in some kind of a lucite box-type arrangement. They would look beyond cool hanging on the wall in my front room…

(I would not wear any of the collabs but I sure love looking at them.)

3. Mae says:

I’m going for the Mountain Mama Meets Rich Tomboy vibe and these fit the bill.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE these. Desperately want.

5. Jenny says:

Super cheap ($30ish) and almost as fun are the Birks made of a Crocs like material, called “Birkenstock Essentials,” available here and there online. Bright colors, light weight, easy to wear (even with an orthotic insert), and so far pretty durable.

6. Elizabeth says:

Far cheaper Birkenstock sandals and possibly even cuter are their EVA Essentials line: http://www.birkenstock.com/us/search?q=eva&lang=en_US

I have them in black and in red and am eyeing the green ones now. Even though I usually need a regular width (Birkenstock version of wide width) in the rest of their footwear, I’ve found these to fit just fine on me. Perfect for traveling in humid climates with monsoon seasons, lazing by a pool, or keeping feet away from icky floors in locker rooms. 🙂