Wednesday 22nd November 2017

More summer black

Because it’s the dominant color in many of our wardrobes, and that doesn’t especially change when the weather turns warm. I am so crazy for this dress—it looks like the perfect combination of comfortable and flattering—that I went ahead and ordered it.

These  cigarette trousers are a very good buy, and have a nice high waist.

From Universal Standard, which I think is the best plus-size brand out there: a dress that couldn’t be more throw-it-on-and-go.

Just a really sweet, feminine skirt.

High necks are typically not my thing, but this smocked blouse is just so pretty.

The neckline on this tank is much cooler than your typical tank.

The flutter sleeves here are very becoming.

I like the shirttail hem here.

Nothing more  chic than a sleeveless button-down.

This is just kind of cute and flirty.

Posted on August 15th, 2017 7 Comments

after swearing that I would never ever ever buy another piece of black clothing, I purchased the large chest pocket black Everlane shirt.

I am hopeless.

Love the high waisted cigarette trousers. Very Audrey Hepburn. In Funny Face.

2. Hick from Styx says:

Loving that asymmetrical midi skirt. It has a certain 1940s je ne sais quoi.

3. Christine says:

After three years in Houston, I finally get it: you just can’t wear dark colors during the day in the summer on the South (if you go outside, which I do).

4. suz says:

Holy crap, that first dress is fantastic! Glad you nabbed it. I am not even gonna check the price though….

Very hard to find covered sexy dresses. That is one.

5. Barbara says:

Unsolicited, unrequested, unsponsored thumbs up for Universal Standard. I have a couple of pieces. Easy to order/return what doesn’t work. Good fabrics. Just be aware that things tend to run long (esp on short me.) ort) Grateful to have options for the lower end of plus size. I am plus on the top (thanks boobs and shoulders!), not so plus on the bottom.

6. Lee says:

Was so lucky to grab that first dress in their sample sale this morning… thanks for showing me the potential!