Thursday 21st September 2017
Most Popular

Sorry. No data so far.

Backpacks under $100

Just a bunch of cute, cheap backpacks, because a couple of you requested such a post. This one from Fjallraven is a classic, and I like it a lot in this stone-toned color.

Navy is a solid alternative to black, and the canvas is nicely light.

This woven version would be perfect for the beach.

Such a cute peachy hue.

I like the lines of this faux leather option.

This doubles as a cross-body bag, which is handy.

Kind of preppy, in a rugged kind of a way.

And this olive green is quite chic.

Posted on August 10th, 2017 6 Comments

1. Darcy H says:

Great lineup! All are 100% excellent.

(Though maybe the super thin straps on the black, drawstring backpack would dig into one’s shoulders…)

2. Christina says:

Hi Kim,

This request may not apply or appeal to you, but I’ll give it a shot.

Do you ever do any vintage, thrift/used, or consignment shopping? I’m a teacher on a very limited budget with tastes that far exceed my salary. I’ve had pretty good luck with the second-hand retailers in NYC, but I’m wondering if there are things or strategies I’m missing.

Glad you enjoyed your yoga retreat and happy to have you back in NYC posting again 🙂

Cheers,
    Christina

P.S. Any readings coming up?

3. Beth C. says:

Thanks for the round up! A couple of these are looking like they might fit the bill for my commute

4. Darcy says:

btw. Matt & Nat offers bags in many shapes, solid colors, and sizes that are in the $100 ballpark. I have a yellow clutch that I take everywhere and it still looks new. https://mattandnat.com/

5. Alisande says:

I love my Everlane backpack! These are cute but would never work for me because they don’t have side cup holders. Modern commuter all the way!

6. Olya says:

I just got this backpack from COS and love it: (slightly higher than &100 but not much)

Own the stone color of Fjallsraven and love it. Unfortunately it doesn’t wash well so mine looks quite beat up, but after a year
    Of very intense use so I can’t really complain.

If you were to bump up the price bracket by a bit any other refs? I carry my light laptop, gym/swim clothes, lunch box, coffee mug daily. A classy backpack is essential.