Sunday 17th December 2017

Thursday links

Posted on July 27th, 2017 11 Comments

1. suz says:

Was just reading an article on female head/brain injury in sports. There is less research on it as most is concerned with football – but women have harder recoveries and get more damage

Scary stuff.

2. gk2829 says:

I very much appreciate Elizabeth Cronise McLaughlin point of view on politics – http://gaialeadershipproject.com/resistance-live/

3. gk2829 says:

I also forgot to mention I love Fran Lebowitz…. too

4. DeDe says:

Thank you for these links this morning, Kim. This effing week can kiss my entire ass.

5. Dana D says:

That Leibowitz piece is, as you suggested, spot-on. I just finished Glaude’s Democracy in Black, and I can’t recommend it highly enough. This kind of truth about the inheritance of whiteness, and how it guides everything we do, as white folk, in America, is the truth we need to accept to make change.

I’m not a football fan because I don’t like violence, but all this head injury business is just so sort of “Duh” to me. Duh, when people smash heads, it leads to injury. Don’t even get me started on why women want to be equal to men in this arena…

6. barb says:

Good lord, the Frank Lebowitz piece…she is so right, as a black person, I am exhausted….physically and spiritually every waking moment…no race bashing, but folks its tiring….

• DeDe says:

There is nothing at all race-bashing in expressing your honest, 1000000% valid feelings. And f*ck anyone who says there is. It’s time for those of us who are white to grow the hell up and stop taking everything any POC ever says about whiteness as a personal insult.

• barb says:

thank you luv….I appreciate it…sometimes when black people speak on their feelings, folks take it as anti-white, it’s not…just want to be treated fairly..nothing more, nothing less….again…thank you

• Dana D says:

Barb,

I’m just genuinely so sorry that living in this country is so exhausting. I’m with DeDe, we have to communicate better that this isn’t a game with winners and losers. There is ENOUGH to go around. We have to shout this message in our daily lives where and when we can. We should be angry.

We have to be honest about changing our value-system, as Glaude says, to reflect a country that doesn’t value white lives as more important than any other.

7. y.k. says:

i love Emma Larsson & that Jealous Curator website.

8. Alix says: