Saturday 16th December 2017

T-shirt dresses are just the easiest thing ever

Some of these are on the shorter side, but I feel like that’s OK for the weekend, which is what these dresses are ideal for. Also they’re great for vacation—they take up almost no space in a suitcase or weekender—and for that reason I’ll be bringing along a couple on the yoga retreat I’m leaving for soon.  I like the low V here, as well as the slouchy fit.

This has a perilously deep neckline, but I think it’s so effortlessly sexy I had to include it.

The elbow-length sleeves here lend a nice polished touch.

This is just sort of fun.

You can’t lose with stripes, and the length is good.

The twisty bit at the front here is excellent for stomach junk camouflage. It also comes in black, which I like almost as much as this mushroom-y hue.

This has a very stylish front panel that you can’t quite see in this picture; I think it’s quite elegant in its spareness.

A cute henley-style option from The Great.

I adore the low neckline here.

Posted on July 27th, 2017 10 Comments

1. LisaR says:

Love these! T -shirt dresses are the best for hot days, and I agree wonderful for packing for vacation. I bought this one from Nordstrom earlier this summer and have been wearing it often. I love that it has cuffed sleeves. Bloomingdales has it online too in more sizes.

2. Candace says:

I just picked up this one and can’t stop wearing it!!

3. Emily says:

I cannot endorse this dress highly enough.

Also in black/charcoal on the pay what you want tab. I bought it in navy and then charcoal. I am wearing it with a little slip (tiny bit sheer and helps to smooth the line) and it is fantastic – and I’ve received two compliments on my arms while wearing it. Muscle tank indeed.

4. AML says:

I’m pretty sure I saw that revolve dress in NYC last week worn backwards–that is, with the very low cut towards the back. It looked great!

5. jenny says:

I cannot wear a t-shirt dress. If there is no waist detail or empire-ish line, they just hang on me.

6. joni maloney says:

sometimes, tt-shirts dresses look better from the from than the rear – as they can accentuate trouble areas – it reminds me of Mel Brooks in Space Balls when his head spins around and he says “how come no-one ever told me my ass is this big”

7. RebeccaNYC says:

since you never feature anything from Gap or Old Navy, I can only assume you hate their stuff, but I am a HUGE fan of their tee shirt dresses. Surprisingly well made, very affordable and quite cute. ALSO, they come in every size imaginable, from petite to tall, plus, XXS to XXL and beyond…I love the no nonsense inclusivity of the brand. Maybe lacking in the “hip” factor, but I have to tell you that for summer, I live in them.

8. Gwhiz says:

And another EXCELLENT one from universal standard:

Comes in black and a beautiful forest green. Hits me right at the knee (I’m 5’4″) and is a dream to wear!