Tuesday 25th July 2017

Things I bought, things I want

It’s a bit on the splurgy side, but I am so in love with my new Rachel Comey jumpsuit, as it is deeply flattering, the soul of comfort, and appealingly slouchy.

I wore it when I did my reading on Tuesday with these  gold clog sandals, which I ordered from Penelope Chilvers in England. They are reasonably priced—not cheap, but reasonable—so the exchange rate isn’t such a pain. And they’re so damn good.

I have been looking for a not-entirely-unsexy T-shirt bra to match my skin tone forever; they are very nearly impossible to find, because the features that typically make a bra sexy all show through when you’re wearing a tee. Finally, I found this, however, and it is perfection.

I know this is a little young for me, but I’m a wee bit obsessed (not with the strap hanging down like that, though).

And I am mad for these PE Nation leggings, which are loud in the best possible way—and on sale.

Posted on July 5th, 2017 7 Comments

The jumpsuit is gorgeous…and so cute with the gold clogs! I’m bypassing the cold-of the shoulder trend and going with a jumpsuit, even if I have to make one myself!

2. MariaO says:

I love that jumpsuit. I’m always tempted when I see cool minimalist jumpsuits, but then I remember how bad my pear-shaped body always looks in them, and pass.

Still, if I had a different body . . .

• DeDe says:

No! Do not think like this! I am also a pear shape – a very short, plump pear, even – and I also feared them until last year when I found a Rachel Comey Buxton one on super mega sale. I ordered it with some hesitation, but loved it the minute I put it on and was immediately converted to the whole jumpsuit lifestyle (green juice is optional). Rachel has lots of good ones for various body types, but there are others! Don’t give up the search – I swear your perfect jumpsuit is out there waiting for you to rock it!

3. Francine says:

Love the bra! Slightly off topic….I went to Nordstrom’s and Victoria’s Secret last week and was finally properly measured. I was previously wearing 36B and was bowled over to discover I am actually a 32DD. HA! Vanity sizing? Perhaps, but I dropped $200 at VS for a bra wardrobe that actually fits!

4. joannawnyc says:

LOVE that dress!

5. suz says:

Man, I was all set to order that bra – European sizes are not a friend of the busty.

Love it though