Monday 21st August 2017

Friday links

• OK guys, I’m taking off for the long weekend. Hope your plans involve much fun and excellence all around. I’ll be out in Sag Harbor with my family. I rented a car for the summer (!) and am looking forward to spending a lot of the next couple of months out there. Meanwhile, enough about me, see you on the 5th, and how fascinating is this? A collection of artworks made entirely by the mentally ill. (Atlas Obscura)
  • It’s kind of amazing that all of these photos were taken with an iPhone. (My Modern Met)
  • 25 notable women on therapy. (The Cut)
  • A look back at Playgirl magazine. (Esquire)
  • 13 of the most remarkable capitol buildings in this country of ours. (Curbed)

Posted on June 30th, 2017 9 Comments

1. Trina says:

Have fun!
    So weird. I’ll miss you (and we don’t even know each other, etc.) Your blog creates a sense of camaraderie and family (the good kind). Thank you! 🙂

Good for you (both renting a car and taking a vacation).

Does this mean we can have a mini GOCA meet-up out this way at some point this summer? Mamavalveeta03? Anyone else out here?

I’ve spent far too much time at the Texas Capitol building this winter in protest mode. It is beautiful, but I wish I’d been there for different reasons.

3. DeDe says:

Have so much fun!! Hopefully the weather’ll be nicer there than it’s been here, but I imagine anytime you get to hang out with your family away from the city for awhile is a good time.

PS, my state capitol is on that list! Now if we could just get Scott Walker out of there…

• Dana D says:

California’s beautiful capitol on the list…and I have to say its a blessing that almost all of what goes on there, I support. I feel you, c.w. and DeDe.

Enjoy the holiday with people you love, Kim…we all to find our people right about now…

And remember–with all respect to Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, who writes about this very thing, beautifully–even if the president hates our blood, we spill it and fight to honor it, and none of us would be here without it!!!

Happy 4th!

4. Laura Jean says:

Have a lovely long weekend!

5. Hick from Styx says:

Enjoy your summer! — From someone who spends a lot of time in a car and can’t imagine being without one.

6. Tami says:

You reminded me of when the “Sex and the City” ladies rented a car to get out of the city and then asked if anyone knew how to drive. Enjoy!