Monday 25th September 2017
Most Popular

Sorry. No data so far.

Cheap and chic of the week

Everlane Cocoon dress—Cheap and chic of the week

As perfect a throw-it-on-and-go summertime dress as I’ve seen: just put on a couple of necklaces or an armful of bracelets and you’ve got a look going (and it’s pretty cool in the white, too.)

Posted on May 17th, 2017 19 Comments

1. Ellie says:

And if you happen to be larger than a size 12, as over half of U.S. women are, there is this lovely similar style from Universal Standard: https://www.universalstandard.net/products/augusta-geneva-dress-black

2. lesa says:

I had been eyeing this very dress (and a pair of goweave pants) on Everlane for a while. Knowing how a recommendation from Kim often seems to precede something selling out (and seeing that there were only a few left in my size) I decided to pull the trigger. Thanks for the recommendation!

3. lisa says:

I love the Universal Standard Dress and wanted to find something similar in my size. Thanks.

I like the shoes best. I wonder if they stay on your feet and are comfortable.

5. Mary Alice says:

Ordered! It’s going to be a crapshoot; I am not sure if the cut will be flattering or look like a sack on me, but it’s cute enough to take a chance!

Cute! I still love my Black Crane.

• DeDe says:

Yes! This is very Black-Crane-y. I’m jealous that you can wear that dress; I’m so short it looks like a linen sleeping bag on me. A classy linen sleeping bag, but still.

7. Tami says:

I was about to pull the trigger and then read “Hand wash, lay flat to dry, do not dry clean”. Falls into the easy-to-wear category but alas, not the easy-to-take-care-of category.

8. lesa says:

I don’t think I have a flat surface big enough to dry this on 🙂

9. MariaO says:

After carefully looking at the measurements, I think I can fit into a size 10, so I ordered. Fingers crossed!

10. Kate says:

Everlane also suggest laying their rayon t-shirts flat to dry, which I have not done and have had no ill consequences, for what it’s worth.

11. Tamara WINAWER says:

Since this looks eerily familiar to the cornejo I bought on your recommendation I don’t need the black but I’m curious about he white I wonder how sheer it is??

12. Sara says:

Bought the Everlane dress in white. Fingers crossed!

• Lara says:

I just received mine in white. Fit was great, but it’s a little sheer, and you can definitely see the pockets through the dress.

I’m thinking black tank body suit because slips freak me out. What’s your plan?

13. Frances says:

Mine arrived this afternoon! Just tried it on and I’m pretty happy. I was afraid I was too short and curvy to pull it off – all the Everlane models are so willowy and I am so not – but I think it does look elegant. Planning to wear it at my school’s graduation (I’m a teacher, not graduating, but I do have to get up on stage) next Thursday. I’m glad to have the Kim stamp of approval!
    My one worry is that the armhole is large, but I think if I wear a black bra or a very pretty bra I’ll be fine. Looked funny when I tried it on with my nude.

14. Mary Alice says:

Just received my dress ( ordered it in May, the package got lost but Everlane replaced it quickly) and it’s amazingly flattering. Armholes are a little large but, like Frances, I thin ka black bra will be ok.