Wednesday 18th October 2017

All of a sudden, camo

Zara camo jacket—All of a sudden, camo

I’ve never really worn camo,* but lately, quite out of nowhere, it’s really appealing to me. And what I’m learning is that as with leopard prints, there is good camo and bad camo, and right now, there’s a decent amount of pretty good camo out there. This jacket is a prime example, and it’s dirt cheap.

Current-Elliott tee—All of a sudden, camo

On the other hand, I wish this tee went for less, but it’s pretty perfect.

& Other stories jacket—All of a sudden, camo

Another very nice jacket.

Monrow sweatpants—All of a sudden, camo

These sweatpants are awfully cute, and they’re on sale.

Athleta gym bag—All of a sudden, camo

I especially like blue camo, so of course this gym bag appeals.

NSF camo shirt—All of a sudden, camo

I know that the paint splatter on this shirt will not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I sort of think it works.

Herschel Supply camo suitcase—All of a sudden, camo

And finally: I absolutely adore this suitcase.

*I know it offends some of you to turn anything that has to do with our hard-working troops into fashion. But the military has been influencing fashion for as long as the two have existed, so to my mind, it’s OK.

Posted on April 21st, 2017 13 Comments

1. Heather says:

Funny, camo doesn’t read ‘military’ to me, it reads ‘guys who hang out in trees and shoot deer.’ But we have an overpopulation of deer so I don’t judge.

• Gemma says:

I’m working hard on not equating camo with “guys who hang out in trees and shoot deer” with “gun toting men who voted for Trump.” That kind of thinking is a logical fallacy.

• Tara says:

My husband, who is as liberal as they come, hunts deer (although for food not for sport) and I still have a hard time with that logical fallacy.

• Mamavalveeta03 says:

As a native Wisconsinite, I also associate camo with deer hunting season…not my favorite time of year (And it truly should have its own season in WI!!!) But my dad is pretty much a Socialist and he hunts, so, unless I see a red baseball cap with “MAGA” I won’t judge, either.

2. Lauren says:

MZ Wallace has a great blue camo bag (the “Sutton”) I am endlessly tempted by…

3. joannawnyc says:

Khaki camo is too much of a look for me, but I love the blue and gray versions! And it is hard to find food camo patterns, as I discovered trying to replace my son’s much-loved camo sheets from Pottery Barn Teen.

4. Kirstjen says:

OMG people are offended by civilians wearing camo? Good grief… I was in the army for 12 years & I’ve never worn it after because I was sick to death of it. I didn’t even wear green in ANY shade until about 18 months ago & I’m finding that I look good in it & feel good too, so it’s back to wearing green.

Still I don’t think I’ll actually be wearing full-on camo any time soon. 😉

5. Helen says:

I never wear camo either and yet just the other day I ordered these pants:
    Haven’t received them yet, but fingers crossed they look as good on me as on the model!
    ps note the name–“peace trooper”–there’s an oxymoron for you.

6. MAC says:

i have a camo watchband and while my friend’s husband hates it, i don’t.