Friday 22nd September 2017
Most Popular

Sorry. No data so far.

10 highly affordable blazers

HM blazer—10 highly affordable blazers

The other day when I did a post on graphic tees and mentioned that my favorite way to wear them was with blazers, a commenter named Caroline requested a post on blazers that don’t cost a fortune, and that sounded reasonable enough, so here you go. Everything you see is under $150, with more than a few ringing in at way less. I thought we’d start out with this nice, well-cut basic black number.

Mango blazer—10 highly affordable blazers

This one has the subtlest polka dots, which is pretty cute if you’re up for it.

AQUA blazer—10 highly affordable blazers

And I like this one because it’s got a detachable hoodie, like those much more expensive Veronica Beard blazers do.

HM blazer—10 highly affordable blazers

I do love a good pinstripe.

Zara blazer—10 highly affordable blazers

Here’s a kind of lady-ish cut.

Mango blazer—10 highly affordable blazers

And here’s just a good solid wool blazer.

Mango blazer—10 highly affordable blazers

I surprise myself by liking the flared sleeve here.

Topshop tuxedo blazer—10 highly affordable blazers

I feel like everyone needs a tuxedo jacket for when they really want to come off looking snappy.

HM blazer—10 highly affordable blazers

Likewise, a white  blazer is so damn chic, and never something you should spend a lot of cash on, if you’re prone to spilling coffee on things, like me.

Zara blazer—10 highly affordable blazers

The inverted lapel here is a cool trick.

Posted on April 3rd, 2017 12 Comments

1. Caroline says:

Yeah!
    Thanks so much kim😘
    I think a trip to h&m is in my future.
    For a black and a white one.
    Fyi, I have a tuxedo jacket from top shop that’s a couple seasons old, which I wear all the time, when I want to feel fancy.

2. AnnieA says:

I haaaaaaate shapeless blazers, and shapeless tops in general. They are immensely unflattering to many women. Maybe this should be Girls of a Certain Age and Body Type…

• suz says:

the grey lady one is structured and will work for curvy – it’s just styled on a lanky model with the sleeves shoved up for some reason.

• suz says:

The grey lady one will work for curves – it has structure and is just badly styled with the sleeves pushed up for some reason. Granted its hard to tell sometimes as the models are lanky

3. suz says:

Love a good blazer – just a locked and loaded feel to it – as if much effort was expended to pull it together.

Pink boots!!!

5. Kristen says:

I love a good blazer in the under $200 range which you can definitely do without going to lax on quality through H&M, Forever21 and the like, which I abhor. If you keep an eye out Rag & Bone can be bought for under $200 and they are amazing. I find it just odd you would spend $ on something you have to toss in a year because it didn’t stand up to use. Material snob rant over.

• Darcy H says:

With ya. I like these in the photos, but clothes should last or they’re bad for the planet. No disposables.

• Comic Sansa says:

I totally agree with the above comments, which brings me to my sadness over the demise of the the +J collections at Uniqlo. (Caveat: I know nothing, and probably don’t want to know, about the ethics of producing that collection…) I have four various blazers still in pristine condition, although I, alas, can no longer fit into any of them. That was a fantastic collection for well-priced, but very well tailored pieces made of good fabrics. If I could find any of them used, I would buy again in my current size!

And, in case anyone’s mind goes there, the IDLF collabs haven’t been as good, unfortunately. I liked the fit, more or less, of a wool blazer last season but the fabric was very itchy and the construction was all around poor.

Some of my cheaper items have held up just as well as the more expensive. I’ve had an H&M black wool overcoat for ten years and always get compliments when I wear it!

• Caroline says:

Thank you Mama! Same here.
      Also while part of me naturally prefers the best money can buy,..
      The reality is there’s the other side that decided to go into the arts, have kids and pay a mortgage, and she occasionally needs to enjoy a bargain😂

7. Hick from Styx says:

The flared jacket caught my eye, although I really ought to stop it already with the black.