Archive for March, 2017
Here are a few new arrivals from Madewell, all for under $100, and starting with this Mexican embroidered blouse, which I think is stinking cute.
This midi column dress is nice and slouchy but not too boxy (click through to see how it fits the model) and would be perfect for weekends.
I always like canvas and leather combined, so this tote is right up my alley.
- 11 female art professors hold forth on their favorite female artists. (The Cut)
- Well here’s a cute little trailer for that Love, Actually mini sequel. (Vulture)
- And I found this trailer for this Netflix docu-series about virtualized porn, sex, and love—produced by Rashida Jones—to be pretty compelling. NSFW. (Flavorwire)
- These aerial photographs of southern Africa are just stunning. (Colossal)
- Tokyo now has a pop-up nap cafe. (Mental Floss)
Today, I bring you denim jackets with a little something different going on, like this collarless number from Madewell, which I didn’t like at first, and then decided I really liked.
I know, this one from Etoile Isabel Marant is pricey, but the beading at the collar is just too good.
White denim is always cool, and the sherpa lining is just a plus.
Another nice collarless option, this one a little more pared-down.
And why not a red denim jacket, I ask you?
Finally, I couldn’t resist throwing in this Carhartt jacket, because I love Carhartt anything.
- Watch Show Me Your Soul, a documentary about Soul Train made for French TV, here. (Dangerous Minds)
- RuPaul’s early life is being made into a TV series. (Flavorwire)
- Is this the best movie dialogue of all time? (Kottke)
- It looks very likely that there’s going to be a Downton Abbey movie. (Elle)
- Netflix is testing a new option that lets you skip a show’s opening credits. (Mental Floss)
It’s just such a rich neutral, and elevates whatever you wear it with. I’ve only got one grey bag—the Clare V Gosee clutch I’ve posted below—and when it’s in rotation I wear it to death. So much so that it’s looking pretty worn-out, so I’ve been looking for a suitable replacement. Which may just be another Clare V Gosee clutch—or may be one of the others below.
I never get too excited about totes, but this is such an excellent pale, pale grey.
Here is the aforementioned Gosee clutch—I especially like grey suede, and this bag has a nice hit of it.
A nice, slouchy hobo at a super-good price.
I adore a duffel, and the shape of this one is just so good.
I seriously want this bag and have for a while: it’s big enough to fit a laptop, but is anything but workaday.
I like the contrast of the black handle here.
This can be a backpack or a handbag, which is nifty.
- I enjoyed this rundown of cinema’s most colorful films. (Flavorwire)
- The pilots premiering on Amazon this spring, ranked from best to worst. (Vulture)
- There’s a new Sesame Street Muppet with Autism.
- Meals on Wheels donations have gone through the roof in the past few days, as news of Federal cuts that would remove some of their funding were announced. (A.V. Club)
- It might be time to check out Fug Madness, if you haven’t already this year. (Go Fug Yourself)