Tuesday 21st November 2017

Print of the week

Well, I’m happy to report I finally made it to Miami, and I type this from the balcony of a friend’s South Beach apartment where I’m staying for part of the time. Before I left town, I bought this amazing new suitcase from Away, and it has possibly the best lining of any suitcase ever. It’s part of a collab with Charity: Water and in addition to looking great, it has a built-in charger for your devices. And did I mention that it fits a (near-literal) ton?

Posted on March 30th, 2017 17 Comments

1. Tammy says:

Which size of the Away luggage did you purchase, Kim? I’ve pondered getting a piece.

2. KimFrance says:

I got the larger carry-on.

• Cynthia says:

Did they let you bring it on to the plane (above your seat), or make you check it? I’m trying to decide between the two sizes also – thanks!

• KimFrance says:

I was worried about it being too big to carry on the plane but it fit in the overhead section easily. The salesperson said the only place I might run into trouble is traveling through (but not to) Europe.

3. DeDe says:

My husband and I are going on a week-long trip in May (the first in a few years!) and desperately need new luggage – like, we no longer even *own* luggage. So this post is super timely and helpful. Thank you.

Enjoy your getaway! I hope it’s fabulous!

4. suz says:

I love when the liner is a burst of print, whether a jacket or a bag – it just makes for a nice surprise. Plus
    I do need a new carry on sized case; this looks perfect.

5. MaryC says:

I feel silly asking this but didn’t see it in the manufacturer’s web page: I’m assuming that you pre-charge your suitcase before traveling, so then you can plug your devices into it to charge them up? How long does the battery last in the suitcase between charges?

I believe this one with the lining is sold out (or I’m reading it wrong––which would come as no surprise to those who know me). However, even without the spiffy lining the suitcase seems particularly well made. Also, the smaller is only an inch smaller both height and width which is what, one tee-shirt rolled?

Have a great time in Miami, Kim!

• Viajera says:

Yes, ditto… have a lovely trip!!! I have never been and don’t know what people do there, but whatever it is you should do a lot of it. I’m going to guess sunshine is involved.

7. Hick from Styx says:

I happen to have been looking for a new suitcase with the following: hard case with matte finish so it won’t show scratches, four sturdy all-direction wheels, side and top handles, self-repairing and expandable zipper, two separate compartments (one with a zip). This one has a charger, fancy lining and a built-in lock, so of course it’s sold out.

I’ll keep looking.

• KimFrance says:

Check out the site—it comes in tons of different colors that I’m pretty sure are not sold out. I was pretty sold on the navy until I saw that special edition.

I don’t want to know how much it costs, but it is gorgeous! Suitcase art!

Have good weather and R-E-L-A-X.

9. Jennifer Gibbs says: