Friday 28th July 2017

I am feeling like a pop of blue might do the trick

Stan Smiths—I am feeling like a pop of blue might do the trick

Blue is a good color for those of us whose wardrobes are largely composed of items that are black: it is not too far afield from it, and therefore not too scary. I also quite like how it looks paired with black: statement-y, but never overwhelming. I would wear these Stan Smiths with jeans or skinny trousers, and a denim skirt once the weather (finally!) gets warmer.

Everlane trench—I am feeling like a pop of blue might do the trick

I really, really prefer a trench in a darker color to one in the traditional khaki, and this new navy one from Everlane is smart as can be. In addition to which, it’s a pretty good buy.

& Other stories sweater—I am feeling like a pop of blue might do the trick

Such a fuzzy, huggy sweet mohair-wool-blend sweater from & Other Stories.

Sundry sweats—I am feeling like a pop of blue might do the trick

I like the silhouette of these sweats—and of course, the boss racing stripe.

Vince slip skirt—I am feeling like a pop of blue might do the trick

Such a pretty, feminine slip skirt.

Posted on March 16th, 2017 21 Comments

1. Heather says:

Am a BIG fan of midnight blue. To mix with black or brown or grey. I find its a little easier to carry off than a head-to-toe black look as one….matures. In fact, I try super hard to never wear black. Such an easy fallback for me, it makes me lazy. Blue seems to require only a tiny bit more effort but it ensures that I’m actually paying attention to what I put together!

Those Stan Smiths! And the slip skirt!!

3. Stacey says:

I love the idea of that silk skirt but struggle with what to pair it with. Trying to strike that balance between femine(but not girly), perhaps a slightly oversized sweater but don’t want to crossover to frumpy/sloppy.

4. DeDe says:

Navy blue is the Ginger Rogers of colors: it can do everything black can do and then some. My wardrobe wardrobe wouldn’t function without it.

5. Caroline says:

Love it all. But I’m ordering the sweater for sure.

6. joannawnyc says:

I attended a high school and college whose athletic colors were blue and white and I CANNOT bring myself to wear blue sweats ever again. But YES! to every else.

7. jhops says:

I like the look of them, but do people really pay $130 for sweat pants? (Obviously, since they’re sold out. But … really?)

8. Darcy says:

Why post sweats that are 100% sold out. :\

9. S. says:

I’m not sure which looks better on me or which I prefer: dark blue or dark brown. They’re both very good, and a nice break from the default settings of black and grey. But blue is ever so much easier to find. Am I the only one into brown?

10. Mary Alice says:

If I found a pair of sweatpants that hit the sweet spot of being comfortable, flattering and magically looking great with everything I pair with it, plus they were machine washable, then, yeah, I’d pay $130.00 for them because the cost per wear would work out to pennies.

11. suz says:

Love/want the sneakers. Have always been a fan and wearer of blue with black – Carrie Fisher once wrote that of one of her characters – “She only wore the colors of a bruise ” 🙂

But I love the two together.