Tuesday 21st November 2017

Staying cozy: A mini-primer

Leave it to me to schedule a trip to Miami right when a blizzard is set to come through town: Readers, it looks like I’m stuck here in New York. But I’m determined to make the best of it, by getting just as cozy as I can in my little apartment,with the help of a few carefully chosen items. I very much like the color combo on this throw, and it’s quite reasonably priced.

These lounge pants look like the soul of comfort.

As do these Minnetonka slippers.

If I were a tea drinker, I would so go for this Marimekko teapot.

But instead I go for hot chocolate, and this is my brand.

These cashmere-blend socks are pretty much the cuteness.

And this cashmere robe is definitely on the splurgy side, but so luxe.

Posted on March 14th, 2017 14 Comments

1. Caroline says:

Aww..sorry you missed your window to get out of town.
    I kinda love a good snow storm in NYC though..
    Enjoy the downtime:)

2. Laura Jean says:

Omg that sucks! Stay safe & warm!

3. DeDe says:

What? Noooooooooo! That totally sucks! Maybe you can wear your new blouse from The Great (WTF is with that awkward name tho?) with some sweatpants, fuzzy slippers and robe and swan around your house drinking hot chocolate? A girl can swan in a bathrobe. I’ve seen it done in the movies!

PS, I have that Marimekko teapot, and while it is the cutest, the holes in the strainer basket are really big, so it’s kinda a pain in the ass.

4. Debra says:

I thought you had made it out of NY and was about to congratulate you on beating the storm. Instead, I’ll congratulate you on all of these great choices for snuggling up in stormy weather – one of my favorite things to do. I’m particularly interested to try that hot chocolate! Also, I have a cashmere robe (red) which goes so well with all my flannel pjs. It’s one of the best investment purchases I ever made.

5. Mae says:

Because I secretly hate travel, I’m always secretly thrilled when a trip gets cancelled. Cuddle up and enjoy the snow!

If you need a book recommendation: I’m currently enjoying John Cheever’s short stories, which I’ve never read before. I’ve got a nasty cold and reading is keeping me (sort of) sane.

Oh, bummer! Sorry you have to hang around…reschedule!

I love a good snowstorm (if it’s not keeping me from something important) but we’re at the end of the island that is getting deluged by rain and wind. I just heard a loud noise, and turns out, the wind blew one of the light globes by the front door right off of the house and it shattered! 🙁

I’m going to go drown my sorrows in a cup of Intelligentsia hot cocoa that my daughter sent me from Chicago. (Thx for the idea, Kim!)

7. Amy in StL says:

I love my LL Bean Wicked Good slippers. As someone who lives in a cold climate, but hates cold, I find they are the warmest and most cosy option for my feet. I even have a pair with real soles so that I can chase my dogs down outside, should I need to do so.

8. Liz says:

How is the JT hot choc mix? I’ve only had it in store. Tea and hot choc are my drinks. JT has a chai hot choc.

9. Gables girl says:

Awww….we will miss you in Miami but we’re not going anywhere. Hope you can reschedule.

10. Hick from Styx says:

This winter has been a bear, and it doesn’t want to end. I wish green grass, blue skies and palm trees for you very soon.

11. joannawnyc says:

And it didn’t even snow that much in the city! But up here in Dutchess County there’s about 20-24″in our front yard.