Tuesday 21st November 2017

I’ve been thinking about midi skirts

Mango midi skirt—Ive been thinking about midi skirts

They just seem so feminine and easy, and good for winter, when you want something covering your legs. I like to wear them with the most opaque black tights I can find—which in my experience is Spanx—and an ankle or knee boot, depending on my mood and the weather. This first skirt, with a fluted hem, is just all kinds of pretty. I’d wear it with a deep-V-neck sweater.

Other Stories midi skirt—Ive been thining about midi skirts

Just a super-classic A-line  wool version in a nice dark blue.

Helmut Lang midi skirt—Ive been thinking about midi skirts

Such a cool print, and I dig the asymmetrical cut on this Helmut Lang option.

Rick Owens midi skirt—Ive been thinking about midi skirts

I am dying for this very flatteringly ruched Rick Owens cotton midi, which would be perfect for year-round wear.

Topshop midi skirt—Ive been thining about midiskirts

This is not as crazy-asymmetrical as it seems here—click through for a still-life and you’ll see—and I think it’s such a fun, lively print.

Vince midiskirt—I've been thinking about midiskirts

Nothing lovelier than a silk skirt.

Posted on March 6th, 2017 9 Comments

1. DeDe says:

An advantage to being short: everything is a midi skirt. Except actual midi skirts, which are maxi skirts. Dang. (Though there are some hem-able options here, so thanks for that!)

2. Dana D says:

My favorite and only skirt purchases, because my ankles are less than attractive. Thank you for the suggestion of a v-neck sweater with that first one because you just picked out what I will wear today…

3. Mary Alice says:

I wore the very similar Vince midi skirt which also comes in a deep blue to a wedding over the weekend with a simple navy sweater, and got more compliments than I have ever had! Bonus points: Super comfortable.

4. Mimi says:

The Vince skirt is gorgeous, in the black and the two other colors Mary Alice linked to. Of course IRL no one could walk 1/2 a block in the backless shoes the black skirt is styled with, but the combination is very cool. It’s so nice to see a post that isn’t skinny jeans and drapey t-shirts. They have their place, but variety and a new silhouette can be spicy.

5. Turner says:

IMO the best opaque tights are Wolford. Yes they cost a small fortune but they are soooo black and they basically last forever. I have a few pair that are more than five years old and they are still going strong (and I wear them a lot in the winter!)

I love the IDEA of midi skirts, but when it comes right down to it, it’s maxi or nothing. (Well, I don’t literally mean NOTHING. I wear jeans.)

7. Caroline says:

Have always loved midi skirts!
    i would happily dig out my ones from what I’m guessing are the 90’s
    but may be traumatized at by how small they are..
    Better to buy a few of these new beauty’s😊

8. y.k. says:

yes! i love midi &trumpet skirts! i don’t see enough of them -not in catalogs or the street.

9. Hick from Styx says:

So refreshing to see midis. I love them, especially tbose with asymmetrical hems. I’m not a fa of maxis, though. Ever try to walk down a wintery, slippery street in a windy city in a maxi? How to become the flying nun