Archive for March, 2017
- 10 essential British New Wave films. (Flavorwire)
- And in case that’s too high-minded, here’s a list after my own heart: the 50 best movies in under 90 minutes. (Vulture)
- A supercut of SNL’s best feminist moments this season. (The Cut)
- These rock & roll night lights are amusing. (Dangerous Minds)
- Dear God, what a statistic. (Elle)
I like graphic tee best when worn with a blazer—that’s the most polished, grown-up way to style them—but they’re of course perfectly good to kick around in on weekends in whatever you’re in the mood to wear. This one from Allsaints, with its football stripes and faint leopard print, is so cute I can hardly get over it.
The bandana print here is just kind of sweet.
I always like Zoe Karssen’s bat tee, which she makes pretty much every season.
This insect tee from Carven isn’t cheap, but the colors sure are pretty.
I very much like how worn-in this one from The Great looks.
And finally: a tissue-thin specimen by Proenza Schouler that’s a mighty splurge but that I am altogether tempted by.
- These Raymond Chandler book covers are fantastic. (Dangerous Minds)
- This temporary geometric beach art is just stunning. (Colossal)
- Here’s a Spring podcast preview full of interesting stuff. (Vulture)
- And here are 20 books by women coming out this season. (Elle)
- The trailer for the new Frances McDormand film, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri, looks rather intense. NSFW. (Kottke)
Today, for cheap and chic of the week, I bring you sneakers that are $100 and under, because even though it is far from sneaker weather outside, who isn’t game for a new set of kicks and the promise of milder weather? I never especially thought I’d go for lemon-yellow shoes of any kind, but this Adidas option is just so incredibly fun.
A really good raspberry-red pair of Stan Smiths.
I like how understated this grey pair is.
I have never seen navy Tretorns before, and think they’re pretty cool.
So in love with these Vans in delightful pale pink.
And a pair of Pumas in a nice peachy tone.
As I mentioned recently, I’ve been wanting to wear dresses lately, and I surprised myself by buying this rather bare (for me) little number, which I plan to wear with tights and boots and a cardigan now, and all on its own with these platform clog sandals once summer hits.
This pearl chain choker would look be such a fine addition to my necklace menagerie, and I like the idea of mixing in some silver with all of my gold.
The clean, minimal look of this bag is so appealing, and it appears as though it could hold everything—click through to check out the photo with the model to get a sense of its dimensions.
And finally, this looks kind of like a femmed-up version of a men’s Carhartt jacket, which is pretty cool in my book.
- Check out this crazy Marilyn Monroe-themed house up for sale in Dublin. (dangerous Minds)
- Here’s a satisfyingly lengthy trailer for The Handmaid’s Tale. (Vulture)
- This interview with Fran Lebowitz, on her reading habits, is just great. (NY Times Book Review)
- And here, for the superfans, is an extra-long interview with Bob Dylan. (BobDylan.com)
- Finally, if you just need a little extreme cuteness in your day: this. (Elle)