Tuesday 23rd May 2017

Tuesday trifecta

VereVerto circle bag—Tuesday trifecta

I keep seeing circle bags everywhere, and I’ve decided they’re kind of fun. They don’t take themselves too seriously, but at the same time aren’t perilously wacky. A good bag for bopping around on the weekend. This first one is rather sleek.

Baggu circle bag—Tuesday trifecta

I like the neutral hue here.

Madewell circle bag—Tuesday trifecta

A nice, slightly rugged option.

Posted on February 28th, 2017 6 Comments

1. Cola says:

These remind me of an ancient SNL skit where Laraine Newman turned surplus Army canteens into disco bags. All I remember is the canteens were flops as disco bags because it was impossible to get your lipstick and money back out after dropping them into the drinking spout, even as she insisted the bags were super cute. Presumably these bags have zippers!

The suede one by Baggu gets me every time! OK, I know that no question is supposed to be stupid, BUT….Do women actually carry suede bags in the summer??? To me, suede has always said “Fall/Winter,” kind of like corduroys. Just curious, cuz I love it.

• c.w. says:

Ditto Mamavalveeta03…I’m hankering after that Baggu, but grew up where suede was confined to a Fall/Winter wardrobe. I may have to settle for the Madewell in the buff color––lately I’ve been drawn to leather in its plain natural state––maybe because it’s been in the 80’s here abouts––waaaaay too hot for February!

3. Amy in StL says:

So I have to ask, what do you carry as a wallet? I’ve been carrying an actual billfold, as my mom calls it. It doubles as a clutch if I’m just running down to the cafeteria for lunch because I can tuck it under my arm if I have food in my hands. But, it’s too big for most bags you post.

• Danielle says:

Damn, I was going to suggest my favourite Madewell wallet that I’ve been using for years, but it looks like they’ve changed the shape! The leather “pouch wallet” is still the perfect size for all my teeny weeny cross body bags (of which there are many) and fits notes neatly along with half a dozen cards due to generous stretching card slots.

Plus you can personalise it which is just my favourite thing ever since changing my last name and having cooler initials than DED

4. Raina says:

Rachel Comey did a wicker one recently I would have traded my child for.