Saturday 25th February 2017

Big cuffs are forever cool

Annie Costello Brown cuff—big cuffs are forever cool

Lately, I’m liking the idea of a single, bold, statement-making cuff. It’s an easy way to turn a boring outfit interesting quick, and there’s something about its solidness that gives me a little dose of confidence when I wear one, which is a funny thing to say about a piece of jewelry, but it’s true. Mostly, I go for specimens with clean, simple lines, like this one from Annie Costello Brown.

Iconery sterling silver cuff—big cuffs are forever cool

You can’t go too far wrong with a like a classic sterling silver cuff (here’s a less expensive option).

Danijo cuff—big cuffs are forever cool

I love the bubbly texture here—it feels like it would be fun to wear.

Annie Costello Brown cuff—big cuffs are forever cool

The deep cross here is so striking.

Argento Vivo cuff—big cuffs are forever cool

And the cutouts here are kind of sexy, no?

Posted on February 16th, 2017 11 Comments

1. y.k. says:

jewelry always gives confidence , or should, because it makes you feel more like yourself. i feel naked w/o it. I’m more of a many thin bracelets type (in silver & some colored string / macrame ) but that simple sterling cuff is calling my name.

2. Caroline says:

Time to dust off those cuffs I’ve got buried in the back of the drawer!!

3. Caroline says:

Time to dust of those cuffs I’ve got buried in the back of the drawer.
    Bought a lifetime ago in Mexico💃!

4. Hope says:

I’ve always wanted a classic Tiffany Bone Cuff. Tough and timeless.

5. Knitter says:

I love big cuffs even though I have very small wrists. They make a statement!

My muther recently gave me a few of her cuff bracelets she’s had for decades purchased in Mexico over the years. I love them. And I love the ones above. Wonder Woman attire.

• Debra says:

Exactly! That’s what I was going to say in reference to Kim’s statement that “there’s something about its solidness that gives me a little dose of confidence when I wear one.” I’d call it the Wonder Woman Effect and it’s for real!

7. Jennifer says:

I love these but wonder if you have seen or tried on any of the Sophie Buhai pieces. I love the way they look online but have never seen any in person.

8. suz says:

Elsa Peretti’s bone cuffs are beautiful, timeless. Seeing women wear big bold cuff bracelets ..they do make me think of strength. Simple, singular.

The bubbly one is fantastic and would make even sweatpants look good.

9. Evelyn says:

I love cuffs, but also do the fitness tracker/fitbit deal – so hard to wear a nice bracelet with the gadget as well!

10. Have you seen Rose Morants Cuffs, she had an exhibit in Kuwait recently. I just love them…http://rosemorant.com/jewellery/