Saturday 29th April 2017

Suddenly it’s all about grey jeans

Madewell jeans—suddenly it's all about grey jeans

This winter for some reason, all I’m interested in wearing are my grey jeans. I think they’re just a bit more sophisticated than blue, less expected than black, and easier to dress up when you’re in the mood to. I love the way this woman looks with jeans and a blazer in pretty much the same shade.

This skinny pair from Madewell seems pretty leg-elongating.

Frame jeans—suddenly it's all about grey jeans

I like these because the grey is nice and dark, which is more flattering.

R13 jeans—suddenly it's all about grey jeans

I’m delighted by the extra-fringed hem here.

Mango jeans—suddenly it's all about grey jeans

Here’s a very well priced pair.

Frame jeans—suddenly it's all about grey jeans

A nice boot-cut, slightly cropped option.

Posted on February 15th, 2017 13 Comments

1. Heather says:

Love grey jeans! Had been looking forever & finally found a pair from Boden, of all places.

2. karen says:

Sorry, but they are all the same and really – jeans still skinny jeans
    and during fashion week.

• DeDe says:

Kim’s never covered the shows. If you dig them, that’s fine – there’s plenty of coverage elsewhere. But not every style/shopping blogger needs to be on that bandwagon (and personally, I find it refreshing that she’s not).

• karen says:

Hey, DeDe –
        I’m not suggesting that everyone cover the same thing, just that it may be (maybe?) time to move beyond (skinny) jeans-and-a-cute-top. We’ve been here forever, it seems.
        Wouldn’t be visiting the site if I were not interested in what I see.
        Really? You find skinny jeans “refreshing”? Just sayin’

I love my grey jeans. It seems harder to do a “fade” or a “feathering” on grey as a result they always look a little bit dressier to me.

I find that if I keep my black jeans long enough, they become grey. I wanted to make sure people were aware of this exciting option! and they distress themselves, too!!

• Dana D says:

I am aware of this exciting option!

My formerly black jeans are now grey!

(in fact, the only black “jeans” of mine that stay black are my black corduroys…jeans/not jeans?)

• Debra says:

EXACTLY! And it is exciting — although the time involved makes it a slow burn excitement — which is not a bad thing at this point in my life.

5. Caroline says:

Grey is good!. Although I’ve been fooling myself into believing I’m being more adventurous because it not all black.. it’s all grey now😂
    But I really like them..

6. Tammy says:

I don’t know what it is about them, but gray jeans always make my legs look chubbier than black or blue jeans. The exception is a pair of channel seam 3×1 skinny jeans.

7. Hick from Styx says:

Thank goodness for skinny jeans, especially those cropped, slightly boot cut ones. I am loving that look.

I won’t be wearing palazzo pants. I’m two of me since the last time that look worked for me, haha. Once and done.

8. Debra says:

Oh. One more thing. Anthropologie has some skinny cords that I love. Brand name is Pilcro. The cords are minute. Really good stretch and recovery on these. Very flattering and comfortable. I own several colors but the gray pair are in constant rotation. A good option to gray jeans.

9. y.k. says:

i did not know about Pilcro cords.. must look into this. i have other Pilcro’s-they always have a nice range of colors.