Tuesday 28th March 2017

Suddenly intrigued by: Pale pink

street style pale pink

I’m kind of liking this barely-there hue, which at first glance might strike one as overly prissy, but upon second consideration has a nice and nuanced sophistication to it. I prefer it as shown here with all light colors, but it can hold its own with darks, too.

Madewell transport tote — pale pink

Madewell’s  Transport crossbody tote looks extra-fabulous when executed in pink suede.

Vince cashmere sweater — pale pink

I very much like the engineered slouchiness of this cashmere sweater from Vince.

Seavees sneakers — pale pink

The tweedy texture on these Seavees sneakers is just excellent.

Madewell clogs — pale pink

I love a clog that has studs and not staples, and these are not too expensive either. And the color is just right. If you want them, buy them soon, because I fully expect them to sell out.

Theory sweater — pale pink

A really nice, gentle V-neck sweater from Theory.

Everlane clutch — pale pink

And finally, this nifty foldover clutch from Everlane.

Posted on January 27th, 2017 13 Comments

1. Dana D says:

I love all of these pale pink things but I cannot wear pink because it makes me feel invisible.

EXCEPT for on my head, in the form of a pussy hat. And I saw my favorite iteration last Saturday, in just this color, thick wool-chunky knit, worn by a retired mixed-ethnicity couple at the Sacramento march. I’m still bothered that I did not ask the man and woman who made that hat…

Wow, I love all these pale pink choices. I would wear all of them. And I love the pale pink sweater with the white jeans and black boots––hummmm….

3. joannawnyc says:

This is one of my staple colors! Also peach, blush, etc. It’s usually more prominent in spring/summer, love it for winter too!

4. Hick from Styx says:

Who wears beige or taupe? Not me. My favorite neutral is pale pink. I love this as a summer neutral in a handbag or shoe, but sadly I cannot wear pale pink near my face these days. Something about a certain age is that this doesn’t work for me anymore.

5. Leslie says:

I was staunchly anti-pink until I went through menopause. Now I find that a rosy or peachy hue near my face adds a little color. It is very flattering for my skin tone, now that the color is rapidly fading.

6. Gables girl says:

And nail polish…love this pale pink with navy, too.

7. Tiffany Hutton says:

I love pale pink too. I’ve been building up my collection of pale pink tops but I think I might need those clogs.

8. Justine says:

I painted my living room this color this fall! It’s so calming.

9. Keirele says:

Any idea who makes the pink top in the inspiration pic? It’s the one I want the most!

10. Raina says:

I want those clogs more than Melania wants freedom.

11. Me too. I have been dreaming about these Rebecca de Ravenel cordered pale pink earrings & gucci also has a pair with the added ‘tiger’ – torn between both!
    Saw them at matches fashion.

12. Beth says:

Love these choices! The clogs are my favorite but sadly sold out in my size. Any ideas on how I can score a pair in size 8?