Tuesday 21st November 2017

Week of requests: The old dump-out-your-bag trick

Contents of Kim France's bag

A few of you requested to see the contents of my handbag, and I’m happy to indulge, even though the results are far from thrilling, as I like to travel light. Moving clockwise from the top we’ve got: doggie poop bags; my Clare V key chain; a Liberty of London glasses pouch with my reading glasses inside; my Jerome Dreyfuss wallet; Altoids; Dries Van Noten sunglasses; this lipstick; a pen from the Sunset Marquis Hotel in LA, and this most excellent hand sanitizer from Aesop. And my phone, of course, but I had to take this picture with it.

Posted on January 5th, 2017 7 Comments

1. ljchicago says:

I love seeing what others carry around with them. Have you seen this book by Abbi Jacobson of Broad City: http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/546574/carry-this-book-by-abbi-jacobson/9780735221598/
    She is an artist and draws what she thinks is in the bags of famous people, real and fictional.

2. Caroline says:

Sunglasses..gorgeous!
    Also loving the key chain.
    No almost new tissues:)?

• Debra says:

Tissues. Yep. My grandmother never went anywhere with a couple of tissues tucked away in her handbag or up her sleeve. I was fully indoctrinated until I had the flash that cotton handkerchiefs are the way to go. I buy men’s cotton “pocket squares” — and tuck one into my purse all year around. Great for sniffles in the winter, sweat in the summer. The pocket square size is perfect (not too big) and you can get some really interesting prints at JCrew or any men’s store.

• KimFrance says:

The tissue was looking a little used so I took it out of the frame!

3. Caroline says:

😂
    never thought of doing cotton hankies. Maybe I will.
    My dad always has a fresh one handy. Sweet man.

Pretty much the same items I carry in my bag, but yours are just a lot cooler. 😉