Archive for January, 2017
I’m going to a yoga class with my friend Julia this morning. Then I’m hanging out this afternoon with my friend Will. Also, check out this cool sweatshirt my awesome agent Sarah gave me yesterday. I’ll be wearing it to march on Saturday in New York. Which is my other question: who is marching, and where?
- These camera light paintings are surreal and beautiful. (Colossal)
- 25 women—one of whom you’re well-acquainted with—weigh in on how getting fired makes you stronger. (The Cut)
- Here’s a new Arcade Fire song. (Vulture)
- I love this: In Quito Ecuador, two anonymous street artists go around correcting spelling and grammar mistakes on local graffiti. (Mental Floss)
- And finally, on this day of infamy: every book Barack Obama recommended during his presidency. I will really miss this guy. (EW)
Here are a few items I’m liking from J. Crew at the moment, starting with this fantastic jolt-you-right-out-of-your-winter-doldrums skirt.
A pretty great military shirt in a nice, faded khaki.
I do like a popover, and this is a fun, sweet print.
I feel kind of bad including this denim jacket because it’s not left in a lot of sizes, but it’s just so good I had to show it.
And finally: I am crazy for this faux shearling hoodie—in general, I’m very much feeling hoodies at the moment—and will probably have to make it mine.
- I quite enjoyed this look at the world’s most beautiful passports. (Mental Floss)
- Rachel Comey, Maria Cornejo, and other fashion designers on how they’re mobilizing for the marches on Saturday. (TheCut)
- There will be a Lisa Frank movie. (Vulture)
- This article, about the rise of the luxurious suburban master bathroom, entertains. (Atlas Obscura)
- And this Fiona Apple anti-Trump song, “Tiny Hands,” is just dandy—and slightly NSFW. (Slate)
Does Cher not look fabulous here? I remember being so struck by this image of her in the brilliant style guide Cheap Chic (which came out in 1975 and has since been reissued and which you should by all means snap up, as it’s a timeless classic). I’m very much feeling this look. It seems polished and sexy and new, even though it’s been around for a little while.
I like the solid dark wash on this pair from Frame denim, and it’s got a staggered hem, which is very of the moment.
It’s tough to find a high-waisted pair in a boyfriend cut, but these—from Rag & Bone—are rather good.
Here’s a slick black pair.
I’m liking the grayish wash on this Citizens of Humanity pair.
These have a nicely beaten-up look.
- Portlandia was just renewed for its eighth and final season. (Flavorwire)
- Here is the list of democratic lawmakers who’ll be skipping the inauguration. (Slate)
- A collection of the most 80s hair you’ve ever seen. Truly epic. (Dangerous Minds)
- Are these the least stressful jobs for 2017? (R29)
- And finally, here’s the trailer for The Santa Clarita Diet, starring Drew Barrymore as a suburban zombie. (Pajiba)