Tuesday 21st November 2017

This might just be a (minor) skin miracle

hourglass-veil-mineral-primer

I’ve always thought primer was a category the beauty industry foisted upon the consuming public just to provide us with a fresh opportunity to buy, and that may indeed be the case. But I kept hearing raves about Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, and finally on a visit to Sephora on Sunday, I went for it and people, there is really something to this. You apply a thin coat, let it absorb for a couple of minutes, and then put on your foundation or BB cream or whatever and just like that, redness disappears and you are left with one of those lovely lit-from-within glows that typically money can’t buy. It makes you look so special-occasion good that I felt a little guilty using it today, as I’ve got absolutely nothing extraordinary planned.

Posted on December 7th, 2016 10 Comments

1. Dianne says:

Can you use it under tinted moisturizer? Tinted moisturizer is about as much “make up” as I can take.
    Anything heavier and I swear I can feel it and that drives me crazy.

2. DeDe says:

Life is a special occasion. Wear the hell out of it!

3. darcy h says:

I have this and unfortunately even though I apply it sparingly, it rolls on my skin into little white clumps more often than not. I don’t touch my face that much, but the fear of noticing in the middle of the day that it’s happened and I don’t know how long ago? . gulp

It doesn’t cause breakouts? That’s my big problem with primers. 🙁

5. y.k. says:

i totally thought the same thing about primers when i first heard of them but eye shadow primer changes everything – shadow stays put all day. i use urban decay primer but MAC is great too.
    i will look for this although the name is slightly creepy – veil.

6. karen says:

i’ve been using this for a couple of years….i use it every day…i find i use less makeup and it just goes on so much smoother