Sunday 24th September 2017
Most Popular

Sorry. No data so far.

Tuesday trifecta

screen-shot-2016-11-18-at-10-26-01-am

I didn’t think I could possibly need another pair of sneakers (really, the word “need” got removed from of the equation quite some time ago) but then I saw these special blue Adidas Stan Smiths, and now all bets are off.

winterized-vans

These Vans are lined in fleece, and weatherproofed for winter, and I tried them on at Madewell the other day and they are just completely fantastic.

puma-platform

Old-school Pumas, but with a platform.

Posted on November 29th, 2016 7 Comments

1. DeDe says:

My husband has a pair of those Vans (different color) and he absolutely loves them. I’m not usually a high-top sneaker kinda girl and haven’t really wanted a pair myself, but now all bets are off.

2. Ita Darling says:

Yes to all of those.

I am glad you are still supporting sneaker trends.. I love my mid heeled boots and flatforms but I’m not sure I can ever go back to heels

The Stan Smiths, which are outstanding, are listed in men’s sizes so….bummer for moi.

The pumas are sold out. Bummer #2.

Also, my dishwasher broke and flooded my wood floor kitchen, the closet curtain fell down because the holder ripped out of the wall, and my retainer split in two so the day was kind of a bummer from the start.

• Mamavalveeta03 says:

Bummer of a day, is right! Me too. I have to wear a giant boot for an indeterminant amount of time. Come on over for a glass of wine, c.w. I take it you’re also a Montauk resident, based on previous comments!

• c.w. says:

So sorry about your foot! Oh how I wish we could commiserate over a glass of wine! I live on the border of EH and Amagansett for six months of the year, but now I’m in Austin until March. I’d love to get together with you when I’m out there––fortunately, wine is in season year round!

• KimFrance says:

The Pumas weren’t sold out when I wrote the post, but that was before the big holiday rush. Sorry about that. As for the Stan Smiths being in men’s sizes, that’s just a question of knowing what your size translates to. Not a big!

4. Anita says:

My pair of the above high top Vans arrived today and they are absolutely wonderful. They are the first high tops I’ve owned since college (I’m 50). They aren’t bulky and I like that the rubber part is off-white, to better hide the slush I’ll be schlepping through. Thanks for recommending these.