Saturday 29th April 2017

Wardrobe classic: the crewneck sweater

capucine-crewneck

I used to think crewneck sweaters were desperately boring, but I have decided that I just misunderstood them. A good crewneck, as Capucine Safyurtlu so aptly demonstrates here, can turn a whole outfit chic in the quietest of ways. All you need is something interesting—but not too interesting—going on in the way of color or texture.

sparkly-bits

This oversized sweater has little sparkly bits in it, which I love.

screen-shot-2016-11-13-at-1-56-42-pm

These stripes are in such a good palette, and I like how the red really pops.

screen-shot-2016-11-13-at-2-13-46-pm

I am crazy for the ribbing on this cashmere offering from Everlane.

screen-shot-2016-11-06-at-5-27-59-pm

I really dig the unexpected color combo here.

zip-side

This is cute, with the side-zipper, and the price is nice.

Posted on November 16th, 2016 15 Comments

I love a slightly oversized wool or cashmere crewneck. The Everlane one is outstanding even thought the fit in the sleeves may be more snug than I am used to…

• Emily says:

I bought the Everlane one, and I’m on the fence. The slits are throwing me off. Their cashmere, however, truly excellent and excellent pricing.

I like the crazy chenille bedspread one. Why not?

3. LisaR says:

Sweaters with just a little sparkle make me so happy! I also love the striped one– such a good mix of colors.

4. Rebecca says:

Are you going to review Everlane’s Brixton oxfords or boots? I feel like they’re in your wheelhouse and seem like a refined Doc Marten to me. I’m hoping someone will check them out and report back!

5. Lesa says:

Give me a good scoop, v, u, or ballet neck any day. Crewnecks just don’t look good on me (or IMHO, on anyone).

6. Mae says:

The Thing Is: A crewneck must be perfect for you. Too high and you look like a nun. I keep filling Goodwill bags with the ones I got wrong…

7. Judy says:

Thanks for the recommendation for the Viv Albertine memors, Kim. I loved it.