Archive for August, 2016
Novesta sneakers, which, I’ve only just now discovered, are like Chuck Taylors but more streamlined, and they come in really excellent colors and fabrications—I love this tan pair, for instance, but you might also want to check out their corduroy and denim options. And is this a good red or what?
- Just a few shots by street photographer Len Speier to start your day. (Slate)
- Ten political TV shows you can stream right now, including a favorite of mine, the classic Robert Altman mockumentary Tanner 88. (Mental Floss)
- This trailer for a documentary about the once-iconic Tower Records looks not-uninteresting. (Dangerous Minds)
- The University of Chicago has just informed its class of incoming freshmen that it doesn’t provide “trigger warnings.” Thoughts? (Jezebel)
- Your morning weep is pretty damn weepy. (Time)
Just really easy, casual ones for those first crisp days when suddenly it occurs to you that you’d better layer up before leaving the house? I bought this silk bomber four or five years ago from Equipment and it is perfect, perfect and as lightweight a jacket as I’ve ever found.
This quilted cotton number feels very Isabel Marant to me, but is priced decidedly not.
I’m very much liking J. Crew’s ever-popular Downtown Field Jacket in this eggshell hue, which may be new but at the very least is new to me.
A barn jacket-shaped denim jacket feels ideal for kicking about on weekends.
A handy cropped-in-front-long-in-back army shirt jacket for throwing on whenever.
- Possibly you’ve already seen these hyper-decorated college dorm rooms—I know they’ve been widely shared on social media—but I couldn’t resist. (Mental Floss)
- A whopping 45 notable new books coming out this fall. (Vulture)
- Prince’s Paisley Park will become a museum. (The Cut)
- Is the best way to boil eggs not to boil them at all? (Kottke)
- Prepare to fall way down the rabbit hole with this comment thread on cool stuff you can buy when you’re on vacation in other countries. (Go Fug Yourself)
I don’t quite know that I have any business buying a toolbag, but this one is so great-looking I’m certain there must be some use I could put it to. Dog toy receptacle, perhaps?