Friday 18th August 2017

It’s the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, everyone

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 7.12.01 PM

This is their annual monster of a sale, with all manner of product marked down until August 8, when regular prices pop back up again. Pretty much everything on offer is for the coming season, and I know it’s borderline unthinkable to contemplate wearing such clothing when it’s so deathly hot outside, but under these circumstances it’s really worth it to put yourself in the mindset. First up: this V-neck comes with cuff and collar conveniently sewn in, so you get a very together look without all the bulk. Plus: leopard print!

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 7.13.03 PM

I like these trousers because they’re slouchy but still nicely tailored, and, color-wise, quite versatile and a good alternative to the same old same old black.

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 7.14.59 PM

Just the kind of comfy big old ribbed cardigan you’ll reach for always.

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 7.16.22 PM

Under no circumstances am I allowed to buy myself a new coat—the situation is well beyond critical mass at this point—but the speckled boucle and cocoon-y cut here are both just so damn good.

Posted on July 26th, 2016 14 Comments

Yes, everyone go shop there! Did you see the news? I am sad bc they will probably have to go full One Percenter to survive. It’s too bad.

• joannawnyc says:

What news?

• Viajera says:

I went ahead and snooped around. They say when you are tired of __, you are tired of life. (I fergit what the original was, actually.) It’s been years since I’ve seen any shoes that actually made me want them. (Although I see plenty of nice enough stuff… just not anything exciting.) Last pair I really liked were faux leopard platform suede booties, several years ago.

They have some v nice Ted Baker wallets, some Voluspa candle sets (and a mini version!!! What is it with minis? I heart them!), some Paula’s Choice 2%, a rather nice colorblock BCBG mary jane, and some suede platforms that I would’ve coveted, had they been in electric blue. But they weren’t. A woman’s fedora that isn’t pictured on a model, so I can’t tell if they did it right. Some v nice scarves.

You are right, it’s too hot to look at clothes, though I did snoop the denim.

2. Elise G says:

I have a similar problem with coats! I’ve lived in CA for over six years, and every fall I find myself hunting for a new coat. It’s the grew-up-in-Wisconsin instinct.
    I bought a set of Diptique candles in the Sale, and am finding myself curiously underwhelmed. Oh well, they’ll make great gifts!

3. Mary Alice says:

Those Vince pants are the bomb diggity. I bought them last year and I THINK they are only available in that color at the Nordstrom sale once a year. I own 4 pairs of that pant (in different colors) and I’ve ever seen the olive anywhere but here. So if you like them, I’d pull the trigger.

4. Christina says:

You’re killing me with that Rag & Bone coat. I spotted that in the pre sale and I NEED it. 😫