Friday 22nd September 2017
Most Popular

Sorry. No data so far.

Maria Cornejo sale! Maria Cornejo sale!

Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 12.33.48 PM

There are people who get upset when they see something they paid full price for heavily discounted, but this is true for me only some of the time. As long as I have gotten a lot of wear out of a piece—and this ultra-thin sweater currently super-marked down as part of the quite worth-checking-out sale going on right now at Maria Cornejo—very much qualifies as one of those items. As for the clothes that hang unworn in my closet, mocking me, well then I want to bang my head against the wall.

Posted on June 28th, 2016 10 Comments

1. Mae says:

How does a blogger make the kind of money that affords one a $650 cardigan? Is it from advertising revenues? I’m not being nosy, I’m just a businesswoman who thinks in those terms.

2. Mae says:

And in the interest of transparency: I have certainly spent that kind of cheese on clothes before, but I was earning a six figure salary in (boring) finance.

3. Nancy says:

Um, “payed”?

I think Kim posted about this, somewhere. I think there is a sort of commission that she gets when people buy something she blogs about. But I could be wrong. She told us about it anyhow. I just have a bad memory.

Maybe “payed” is an alternative English spelling,* perhaps she is trying to cheer some of them up. (I think Brexit will work out okay eventually but I can see why some people are very sad.)

*More likely a caffeine issue but who knows.

5. I2I says:

I wish my clothes would mock me; mostly they look sad and forlorn and lonely, like little puppies in a store window…wear us…please….sure, *some* of them mock me.

Now the bags, the bags are different lot altogether – I think they are a little neurotic and don’t mind getting out not too much.

6. caroline says:

Hey, at least with that sweater I would wear it constantly..
    As opposed to the occasion dress that no matter what I promise myself at the time of purchase, is worn exactly once.
    Very cost effective if looked at from the right angle.

7. Heather says:

Kim, just to let you know, I told a friend of mine about your ‘cost per wear’ philosophy and she LOVED it. Since she started taking Citibike to work she invested in some quick-dry dress shirts (from Icebreaker) but was chiding herself a bit, as each one is a bit pricey. But now that she has a few in rotation and is wearing them almost every day, she felt really validated by the ‘cost per wear’ thing. Also, her yearly Citibike membership costs only a bit more than a monthly subway pass, so extra savings there.

Thanks for keeping us stylish AND smart about money!