Thursday 14th December 2017

Improbable but true

Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 3.39.59 PM

Occasionally I surprise myself by liking something that feels stunningly far out of my wheelhouse, and right now that thing would be rainbow stripes. This rug, for instance, would probably look completely out of place in my home, but it delights me nevertheless.

rainbow

If the colors were brighter on this top, it’s be altogether too overwhelming, but in washed-out hues it’s exactly right.

Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 3.50.18 PM

Happiest picnic blanket ever.

Posted on June 8th, 2016 15 Comments

1. Tammy says:

J. Crew also has a dress with same stripes as top. Super great pattern.

• Amy L says:

I tried the shirt and the dress, enraptured by the color combo. They were such poor fits for me. The shirt is boxy boxy boxy with a stiff collar, and my partner immediately asked me if I the shirt was part of my uniform for my summer job serving ice cream. The dress has pockets-yay!, but was too tight on top and too voluminous on the bottom. Hope they are good fits for you!

• Susanna says:

I tried both, too, and went with the shirt. The dress just felt like too much, in that pattern. I found that the dress fit fine (similar fit to the model) as long as I sized up.

2. Joannawnyc says:

The picnic blanket link goes to a rainbow pillow, which is nice but not the same.

3. Mary Alice says:

I’ll admit, I’ve been eyeing that shirt.

4. DeDe says:

Love all of these – totally fitting my mood today! Hope you’re having a great time in the mountains!

5. Michelle says:

That picnic blanket is delicious! And I think that rainbow rug must appeal to your inner 12-year-old, because it does mine. 🙂

6. liz says:

I also like the dress version of the top.

7. I bought the J.crew candy stripe top and dress, they’re perfect for summer. I sized down one size from my usual in the top and the dress is true to size (especially at the shoulders and chest). It’s fun to match the top and dress with your favorite shoes because almost anything goes!

8. MariaO says:

I ordered that Jcrew striped dress, too. I think it might be great for when it gets really hot this summer.

9. Susanna says:

All of these are also great as Pride approaches!

• MariaO says:

And now with extreme sadness, as Pride approaches. This weekend was so very tragic, I just don’t know how to process it.

10. Hick from Styx says:

I am the proud owner of a rainbow umbrella. There are too many rainy days lately, and the world needs rainbows.

Hey, you’re back!!!! I was just stopping by to whimper softly in the comments. This is so much better.

I love looking at happy things. I may bust out in some color soon. (Though usually I only get as far as charcoal… : ( )