Archive for May, 2016
- These photos on Central Park were taken with an infrared lens and they are gorgeous. (Laughing Squid)
- Morrissey being Morrissey. (Flavorwire)
- There are cat people, and then there are cat people. (Atlas Obscura)
- This slideshow of vintage beauty products is quite satisfying. (Smithsonian)
- This infographic of the minimum income it takes to live in each state is not uninteresting. (Mental Floss)
Today we have striped tops with a little something extra going on, just for kicks. First up: this cute (and excellently stomach-junk-camouflaging) knot-front tee with a nice, flattering neckline.
The variations in width of the stripes make this choice rather stealthily becoming.
Print-mixing for beginners, pre-styled for your convenience.
The ruffle sleeve is so much girlier than I usually go, but the rest of the what’s happening here is so classic and laid-back that it totally works for me.
Not too much of a twist here, just a rather perfect drop shoulder and winning combination of red, white, and blue, which you don’t find every day.
- Love these photos depicting life at a Florida roller rink in the 70s. (Kottke)
- Why New Yorkers love to wear black. (The Cut)
- Oops. (Time)
- “Everything is copy,” and more memorable quotes from Nora Ephron on the occasion of what would have been her 75th birthday. (Man Repeller)
- The history of the Mary Kay pink cadillac. (Mental Floss)
I never especially wanted to wear blue nail polish, but then I saw this blue nail polish and now I totally do.
Such a happy floral for your Friday.
The new dog likes to chew things: rubber bones, magazines, and— most vexingly—bedding: on one memorable recent occasion, he ripped an entire set, duvet cover included, to shreds. These were not-inexpensive sheets, and I am in no hurry to replace them with another pricey set. My friend Stephen suggested I check out Brooklinen, a newish site that offers quality bedding at astonishingly good prices. And I’m really quite happy with my purchase: grey (good for camouflaging paw prints) in nice, crisp percale.