Archive for March, 2016
- So going to the Easter parade in New York has become kind of a hipster thing, apparently. (Racked NY)
- A really rather engaging pop-cultural history of the Ugg boot. (Guardian)
- My former coworker Rumaan Alam has written a perfectly lovely, so-smart piece about how he and his husband are trying to raise feminist boys in a household with no women. (Elle)
- This David Sedaris piece about shopping in Tokyo is a riot. (New Yorker)
- Ever-beautiful Jane Birkin, age 69, is the new face of YSL. (Telegraph)
I have been looking for a spring jacket that’s on the longer side—I’m feeling larger than usual lately; butt-coverage has become a priority—and this chunky wool sweater coat from Everlane is just the right weight for those spring days when a super-light jacket isn’t quite going to do the trick.
I am so desperate for this pink-and-grey-striped shirt—part of a collab between Clare Vivier and Steven Alan—that if it wasn’t so crappy out today, I might be heading right over to my local CV outpost on Elizabeth Street to make it mine.
Oh, these are crazy, I know. And they once again confirm my brother Mike’s assertion that my taste in shoes is too tricky. But they are just so good.
The reappearance of my roots is never something that happens gradually. Instead, I just wake up one morning and there they are: suddenly very visible, and just that much more grey than the last time around. And so I was thrilled to discover Color Wow, which you simply brush on the affected spots. It comes in multiple shades, and reader, it and works like a miracle. I swear it makes you look like you have more volume too—a big plus for the fine-haired among us.
If you have a tough time narrowing it down to just one, go ahead and list as many as you like—and look here for my picks.
- If you have even an ounce of design nerd in you, it’s probable you will want to fall deep into the rabbit hole with this epic slideshow of important moments in graphic design history. (Design Facts via Kottke)
- You might want to join The Fug Girls in Fug Madness, their annual quest—driven by reader votes—to crown the worst-dressed celebrity of the year. (Go Fug Yourself)
- Improbably enough, Harper Lee visited the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, and her reaction was pretty priceless. (Jezebel)
- Coffee: good for you! (The Science of Us)
- This rundown of the best TV crossover episodes of all time includes my personal favorite: when Homicide: Life on the Streets and Law & Order came together as one. (Vulture)