Sunday 24th September 2017
Most Popular

Sorry. No data so far.

Top 5 of the week

Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 8.07.09 PM

I think one day soon I will do a post on really excellent and very loud winter hats—because there are few other accessories we can have splashy good fun with when the weather turns frigid—but today we turn our attention to beanies in subdued shades of black, white, and grey.  First up: a splurgy option from German brand Wommelsdorff that is equal parts deeply stylish and seriously adorable.

ugg beanie

The combination of space-dye and solid here makes for a nice—but not too statement-y—statement.

Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 8.02.52 PM

I love Mischa Lampert’s super-thick knit hats: they hit flatteringly high on the forehead, and the pom-poms are delightfully (almost comically) oversized. I bought this exact one a couple of years ago and put it on when I want to be really warm and cute at the same time.

Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 8.40.58 PM

I’m rather crazy for the mix of textures on this Missoni  option.

Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 8.56.41 PM

And finally: a streamlined choice in cashmere, the lightest of light grey and just as simple as you please. And it rings in at just a speck over $50.

Posted on December 21st, 2015 10 Comments

1. Susanna says:

Wow, the cashmere one is now 50% off. And it also comes in a bright pinky-red, which I could use on one of these gray mornings.

2. Violet says:

I want to touch the Wommelsdorff beanie – such chunky yarn but it looks like it would feel smooth-ish and silky.

I’m in love with the rounder-shaped Ugg one with the wool pom. So cute and probably wouldn’t slide up/off my slightly-larger-than-average noggin.

• Mamavalveeta03 says:

I’ve got “Large Noggin Syndrome,” too, Violet. Cute hats are just not meant to be for me… 🙁

Yes, yes, yes!!!!

My only complaint would have been the non-loudness… which isn’t really a valid complaint, plus… something to look forward to.

4. Meg says:

My new favorite hand knitted hats from are from The 3rd Piece.
    Based in Boston and knitted by a crackerjack crew of talented women.
    Warm and stylish. They just introduced Kids as well.

5. tamara says:

girls with curls + hats = :((

6. Lesa says:

How do you keep your hair from looking like road kill when you take off the cute hat?

7. Grenadine says:

Love these cute hats! Wish I could afford the chunky one on the barney’s site…Hmmm…!

8. Heather says:

I’ve become an afficionado of earmuffs. Otherwise I have to just keep the hat on. My curly, baby-fine hair does not recover.

The Germans really know how to do cold well!