Monday 23rd January 2017

Friday links

halloween parade

• Can’t believe I almost forgot to show you pictures from this year’s East Village Halloween dog parade. (Racked NY)
  • I could watch this maybe forever. (Hintmag)
  • A guide to trading Halloween candy that made me laugh out loud more than once. (Buzzfeed)
  • Please don’t think less of me for finding this funny. (Laughing Squid)
  • Here’s an audio clip from Carrie Brownstein’s apparently fantastic new memoir, in which she talks about the time Nirvana played a surprise show at her college. Will I ever not miss the 90s? (A.V. Club)
Posted on October 30th, 2015 10 Comments

1. liz says:

I will never not miss the late 80’s and 7 Days.

2. jhops says:

I would never think less of anyone for enjoying Bad Lip Reading. It’s right up there with True Facts by ZeFrank among “things that make me laugh til I have to blow my nose”.

3. Cara says:

German speaker here: the video shows actual (except for the last) colours of German soccer teams. The announcers are narrating this spectacle with a straight face, so to speak. There is no mention what function the black clad leotard and tights ladies serve. It is beyond hilarious. Thank you, Kim, for finding this.

4. Anne says:

The soccer uniforms, I can’t stop laughing. Thank you!

The soccer “dancers” video. The Bad Lip Reading. The Halloween Candy trading system. Dogs in costume. Good grief. I’m exhausted from laughing. There are torrential downpours in Austin today and my condo ceiling is leaking in three different places so I NEEDED to laugh. Thank you!!

Its a tie between “Trading Halloween Candy” and “Bad Lip Reading”! (I’m damned near crying 😉 )

7. y.k. says:

thanks for the German Dancers & the Trading Halloween Candy videos!! I’m ostensibly watching my kid play soccer (freezing here) & this made it bearable.

8. kates says:

You’ve hit a home run with this post – all of them winners!!